|Mandela Van Peebles Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mandela Van Peebles
Roo, Rocky, Della
Born Place / Residence
Los Angeles, California, United States
Mandela Van Peebles went to the Loyola Marymount University, which is a private university in Los Angeles. In May 2016, he graduated from the university with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications.
- Father – Mario Van Peebles (Actor and film director)
- Mother – Lisa Vitello
- Siblings – Maya Van Peebles (Sister) (Actress), Makaylo Van Peebles (Brother), Morgana Van Peebles (Sister) (Actress), Marley Van Peebles (Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Melvin Van Peebles (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor, director, screenwriter, playwright, novelist, and composer), Maria Marx (Paternal Grandmother), Max Van Peebles (Paternal Uncle) (Actor and assistant director), Megan Van Peebles (Paternal Aunt) (Actress)
Mandela Van Peebles is represented by Beverly Hills-based Mavrick Artists Agency, Inc.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mandela Van Peebles has dated
- Parker McKenna Posey (2013) – Mandela Van Peebles was in a relationship with model and actress Parker McKenna Posey in 2013. Their relationship had largely flown under the radar until Posey’s mother sent a scathing letter to the influential blogger Sandra Rose. In her blog, Rose had claimed that Posey was bisexual, which infuriated Posey’s mother. She threatened to sue Rose and as a proof of her daughter’s straight sexuality, she revealed that her daughter was in a relationship with Van Peebles.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Broad and prominent chin
Best Known For
- Having appeared in the leading role in the high school comedy flick, We the Party (2012).
- Being cast in the supporting role in the Nicolas Cage starrer American war movie, USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage. The movie was directed by his father Mario Van Peebles.
- Having played a minor role of a slave Noah in the American drama miniseries, Roots.
As a Singer
He collaborated with his brother to join a music group called MVP.
In 2003, he made his theatrical film debut in the biography drama, Baadasssss! which was originally titled as How to Get the Man’s Foot Outta Your Ass.
First TV Show
In 2009, Mandela made his first TV show appearance in the reality series, Mario’s Green House, which was an environmentally conscious reality television show and was created by his father.
Mandela Van Peebles Favorite Things
- Dream Screen Love Interest – Jessica Alba and Cassie
- Role Model – Will Smith
- Rapper – YG and Future
- Music Artist – Bob Dylan
Source – MTV
Mandela Van Peebles Facts
- His first significant onscreen acting gig was in a short film featuring Dita Von Teese at the age of 13. He also got to kiss Dita in the film.
- He was named after the noted South African political activist and president Nelson Mandela.
- He has traveled to South Africa to do activism and volunteer work. He also tutored and expanded his knowledge on social justice while staying in Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- During his free time, he loves to write.
Featured Image by Mandela Van Peebles / Instagram