Keenon Daequan Ray Jackson
Compton, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
YG went to the Paramount High School in Los Angeles. He also studied at Mayfair High School, although he didn’t graduate.
Rapper, songwriter, and actor
- Father – He operated a daycare business in Long Beach.
- Mother – Shonee Jackson (Operated a daycare business in Paramount. She later worked at the grocery store and McDonald’s.)
- Siblings – Unknown
YG is represented by the United Talent Agency.
Hip hop, west coast hip hop
4Hunnid, CTE World, Pu$haz Ink (former), Def Jam Recordings, Interscope Records (current)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
YG has dated –
- Caatelyn – YG’s relationship with Caatelyn was firmly in the news towards the end of 2014 after she put him on blast in her Twitter posts. She revealed on social media that she was pregnant and YG was forcing her to get an abortion. She also accused YG of giving her herpes. Shortly after that, she claimed on social media that her account was hacked. Her social media posts also led to a beef between YG and DJ Mustard, who used the opportunity to take shots at YG and accused him of owing him money. In January 2015, YG confirmed that Caatelyn was, in fact, pregnant with his child. In May that year, she gave birth to their daughter, Harmony. After her birth, they managed to set their differences aside and began co-parenting her.
Race / Ethnicity
- Neck tattoos
- Often wears a cap or a hat
- Has a neatly trimmed mustache
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 101.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
YG hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
- His single My Nigga, which managed to reach the #19 spot on the US Billboard Hot 100 in 2013.
- Having collaborated with the Canadian rapper Drake for his 2013 single, Who Do You Love?
In March 2014, he released his debut studio album, My Krazy Life, which reached the second spot on the US Billboard 200. The album had guest appearances from popular rappers such as Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, and ScHoolboy Q.
YG made his first theatrical appearance in the 2012 movie We the Party where he played the role of C.C.
First TV Show
In 2012, he made his TV show debut as himself in the talk show, GGN: Snoop Dogg’s Double G News Network.
To keep himself healthy, YG follows a vegan diet which he switched to in 2016 as he started focusing on having a healthy lifestyle. He also makes sure that his diet is comprised of only organic and GMO-free ingredients. He also tries to eat a lot of veggies.
In his interview with Spin magazine, he revealed that his vegan diet has helped him trim his belly fat and has made his neck and face slimmer.
YG Favorite Things
- Restaurant – SUR (which is owned by TV personality Lisa Vanderpump)
Source – Spin
- He was shot while recording music at a loft near Universal Studios in June 2015. A bullet pierced him in three places in the hip but fortunately, the bullet didn’t hit any arteries. He was back in studios the next day on crutches.
- In his teenage and youth years, he was involved in the streets and was a member of the Tree Top Pirus, which is an African-American Piru street gang that is particularly active in West Side of Compton, California.
- In April 2016, he was subjected to scrutiny by the US secret services because of his single FDT (F**k Donald Trump). The song’s video shoot was also interrupted by the Los Angeles police authorities, earlier in the same month.
- While growing up, he had to live at his grandparents’ house as his parents lost their house after being charged with tax fraud.
- In 2008, he was apprehended by the authorities after he tripped a silent alarm while robbing. He was set to serve 2 years in the prison but it was curtailed to 6 months after the mother of a girl he knew from college wrote a letter to the judge. That particular woman worked in the courthouse.
- When he was in jail, the authorities found 3 more cases in which he was involved. However, he managed to avoid more jail time apart from his original sentence of six months.
- In the early days, he built his music career through his Myspace account. He received millions of hits for his songs on social media, eventually attracting attention from leading record labels.
- In 2016, he launched his fashion line featuring the 4Hunnid logo.
- In August 2016, he told Billboard magazine that he had signed a distribution deal with Interscope Records under the 4Hunnid name.
- His stage moniker YG is an abbreviation of Young Gangster.
- Visit his official website @ 4hunnid.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube VEVO.
Featured Image by Connie Lodge / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0