|Raj Arjun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 8, 1972|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Raj Arjun is an Indian actor and theatre artist who has worked in Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, and Telugu cinema. His film credits include Black Friday, Raees, Shershaah, Rowdy Rathore, Natkhat, Holding Back, Traffic, Secret Superstar, Pilibhit, Tadbeer, The Last Right, BHK [email protected], Love Hostel, Dear Comrade, Watchman, Darklight, Thalaivii, The Miniaturist of Junagadh, Secret Superstar, Maternity Blues, D, Thalaivaa, Devi, Shree, Kaalo, Shabri, Khap, Thaandavam, Satyagraha, Misha, Secret Superstar, Daddy, and The Perfect Girl. In addition to that, Raj Arjun has also been cast in a variety of shows which include the likes of Sabka Sai, Kumkum – Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan, Encounter, Karenjit Kaur – The Untold Story of Sunny Leone, and Durgesh Nandinii.
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Theatre Artist
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Raj Arjun has dated –
- Sanya Arjun – He is married to dance teacher Sanya Arjun and the duo has been blessed with 2 children – a daughter named Sara Arjun and a son named Suhaan Arjun. Raj Arjun once stated, “I’m very protective as a father. I wouldn’t want my kids to watch any vulgar content. My daughter Sara is in her teens. She’s an actress, too. So, she has started to understand cinema. I want her to see good world cinema. So, I now gradually have introduced her to such cinema. She enjoyed this film. I felt that she matured at an early age.”
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Sports a beard
Raj Arjun Facts
- He was cast as Farookh Malik (Insia Malik’s abusive father) in the 2017 Hindi-language musical drama film Secret Superstar. The film was a major success and became the highest-grossing Indian film featuring a female protagonist, the highest-grossing 2017 Hindi film, the 7th-highest-grossing Indian film worldwide, and the 2nd-highest-grossing Indian film overseas. Raj Arjun’s role in Secret Superstar won him the Zee Cine Award for “Best Actor In A Negative Role”.
- Raj Arjun played Ilyas in the 2017 Hindi-language action film Raees, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, and Mahira Khan.
- He appeared as Subedar Raghunath Singh (a platoon commander in Delta Company) in the 2021 Hindi-language biographical war film Shershaah, starring Sidharth Malhotra and Kiara Advani. The film is based on the life of Vikram Batra who was killed in action in the Kargil War.
- In 2021, Raj Arjun was cast as Siraj in the short drama film Pilibhit and this role won him the award for “Best Actor” at the Chitra Bharati Film Festival in 2022.
- Alongside Kangana Ranaut and Arvind Swami, he co-starred as R. N. Veerappan (based on the Indian politician, movie producer, and screenwriter R. M. Veerappan) (Hindi version) in the 2021 biographical drama film Thalaivii. Based on the life of Indian actor-politician J. Jayalalithaa, the film was a box office disaster and received mixed reviews from film critics and Srivatsan of The Hindu opined: “it is only fair to say that Thalaivii is a half-biopic. The problem with Thalaivii is not exactly the ‘masala-fication’ of a dramatic life in public. It is bending facts with fiction, through hearsay stories”.
- For his performance in Thalaivii, Raj Arjun was nominated in the “Best Supporting Actor” category at the 67th Filmfare Awards in 2022.
- In 2021, he started appearing as Shirdi Sai Baba (an Indian spiritual master and fakir revered by both Hindu and Muslim devotees during and after his lifetime) in the mythological series Sabka Sai. This role earned him an Indian Television Academy Award for “Best Actor”.
- Raj Arjun was seen as Kishorilal Randeria in the short film The Miniaturist of Junagadh in 2022 and this won him the award for “Best Actor” at the International Film Festival of South Asia Toronto (IFFSA Toronto).
Featured Image by Raj Arjun / Instagram