|Manish Pandey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 10, 1989|
Manish Pandey is an Indian cricketer who is most prominently known for being the first Indian to score a century with an unbeaten 114 off 73 deliveries for the Royal Challengers Bangalore during the 2009 “Indian Premier League”. On the other hand, Manish has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram, more than 1 million followers on Facebook, and more than 900k followers on Twitter.
Pandu, Chulbul Pandey
Nainital, Uttarakhand, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Manish attended the Kendriya Vidyalaya ASC Centre in Bengaluru. Later, he trained at the Karnataka State Cricket Association.
Thereafter, Manish also studied at Jain University in Bengaluru.
- Father – Krishnanandan Pandey (Army Colonel)
- Mother – Tara Pandey
- Siblings – Anita Pandey (Sister)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manish has dated –
- Ashrita Shetty (2019-Present) – As of November 2019, Manish and South Indian actress who had been dating one another for a very long time were all set to tie the knot on December 2, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
- He has a scar in the center of his forehead.
- Either brushes his hair backward or lets it fall over his forehead
Through his social media, Manish has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as –
- Helix Times
Manish Pandey Facts
- He was raised in Nanital.
- Manish was in class 3 when he started playing cricket.
- He and his family moved from Nanital to Bengaluru when he was 15 years old.
- Manish stayed back in Bengaluru to focus on his cricket game while his family left Rajasthan due to his father’s transfer.
- Initially, Manish had thought about joining the army in case his career as a cricketer did not take off.
- He is very popular for his half-sweep-half-flick shot and is also considered to be once of India’s most elegant batsman.
- Manish considers cricketer Rahul Dravid to be his role model.
- He started his IPL stint in 2008 with Mumbai Indians.
- Manish was one of the teammates that contributed their excellence to the win of the 2008 Under-19 World Cup that was held in Malaysia.
- In 2009, Manish became the first Indian cricketer to hit an astonishing 114 runs on 73 balls during the “Indian Premier League.” This feat of his also made him the first player from the “Royal Challengers Bangalore” to do so.
- He scored an impressive 882 runs at the “Ranji Trophy 2009-10”.
- In 2016, Manish became the second-highest run-scorer for Karnataka with 1140 runs since 2014.
- He was chosen for the 2016 World T20 in place of cricketer Yuvraj Singh.
- For the 2018 Indian Premier League, Pandey was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad for an astonishing 11 crore.
- Manish was ruled out of the “ICC Champions Trophy” in England and Wales in 2017 after having sustained a strain during practice.
- He was one of the 15 players chosen for the Champions Trophy in June 2017.
- In 2018, he was nominated on Bangalore Times “30 Most Desirable Men”.
- He is a right-handed batsman and also bowls right-arm spins.
- Manish is obsessed with Nike and has an amazing collection of shoes.
Featured Image By Manish Pandey / Instagram