|Manoj Tiwari Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Manoj Tiwari is an Indian politician, actor, singer, and music director who first rose to fame in 2004 when he started acting in Bhojpuri language films with the commercially successful flick Sasura Bada Paisawala which is often hailed as the movie that revived the fledgling Bhojpuri film industry. Over the next 6 years, he acted and contributed vocals in several Bhojpuri films before switching to politics in 2009 when he joined the Samajwadi Party and contested unsuccessfully for the Gorakhpur constituency in the year’s Lok Sabha (lower house of the Indian Parliament) elections. He joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in 2013 and became a Member of Parliament after winning in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. Manoj was then appointed the President of Delhi BJP in November 2016 and under his leadership, the party won the 2017 Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) elections and then swept the Delhi leg of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections winning all 7 seats of the territory. He was removed from the post of the President of Delhi BJP in June 2020 in the aftermath of the massive defeat that the BJP suffered in the 2020 Delhi Legislative Assembly elections.
Kabir Chaura, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
New Delhi, India
Manoj, after his high school graduation, had attended the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) from where he had earned an M.P.Ed. (Master of Physical Education) degree.
Politician, Actor, Singer, Music Director
- Father – Chandradev Tiwari
- Mother – Lalita Devi
- Siblings – Pushkar Tiwari (Brother). He has 4 other siblings.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Manoj has dated –
- Rani Tiwari (1999–2012) – Manoj got married to Rani in 1999 and they have a daughter together. After more than a decade of marriage, they got divorced in 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Affable smile
- Puffy face
- Side-parted, short-cropped hair
- Sports a thick mustache
Manoj Tiwari Facts
- Kabir Chaura, the locality in the holy city of Varanasi where Manoj was born, is the place where Kabir, the 15th-century mystic poet-saint had grown up in. The area was named after him.
- As of July 2020, he had contested the Lok Sabha elections thrice (2009, 2014, and 2019) and every time the margin of victory/defeat has been greater than 100k votes. In 2009, he had lost to Yogi Adityanath in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh (his home state) by more than 220k votes. As fate would have it, Manoj would join Yogi in the BJP in 2013.
- He found better luck in the Lok Sabha elections when he moved with his political ambitions to New Delhi. He defeated Anand Kumar by 144k votes in 2014 from the North East Delhi constituency and defended his seat in 2019 by defeating the late Sheila Dikshit (longest-serving chief minister of Delhi) by a whopping margin of 363k votes.
- In 2010, he had participated in the 4th season of the popular reality TV franchise Bigg Boss. He has also hosted the musical talent-based reality TV shows Bharat Ki Shaan: Singing Star (Season 2) (2012) and Sur Sangram (Season 1 and 2) (2014).
Featured Image by Manoj Tiwari / Instagram