|Marianne Williamson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1952|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Marianne Williamson is an American author, spiritual leader, politician, and activist who is known for her campaign for the Democratic nomination in the 2020 United States presidential election.
Marianne Deborah Williamson
Houston, Texas, United States
Marianne Williamson studied at Bellaire High School, a secondary school of the Houston Independent School District. After that, she attended Pomona College in Claremont, California and studied Theater and Philosophy.
She also attended the University of New Mexico and then the University of Texas.
Author, Spiritual Leader, Politician, Activist
- Father – Samuel “Sam” Williamson (World War II Veteran, Immigration Lawyer)
- Mother – Sophie Ann (Kaplan) (Homemaker, Community Volunteer)
- Siblings – Peter (Older Brother) (Immigration Lawyer), Elizabeth “Jane” (Late Older Sister) (Teacher)
- Others – Solomon Williamson (Paternal Grandfather), Mildred Nichamin (Paternal Grandmother), Henry Kaplan (Maternal Grandfather), Rose Taitz /Deutser (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marianne Williamson has dated –
- Dwier Brown
- Hawk Koch
Note – She has a daughter named India Emmaline who was born in 1990.
Race / Ethnicity
Marianne Williamson is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
- Pointed chin
- Deep-set eyes
She was raised in a Conservative Jewish household.
Marianne Williamson Facts
- She grew up in an upper-middle-class family.
- During her younger years, Marianne Williamson was roommates with actress, director, producer, and activist, Laura Dern, as well as with feature film producer and author, Lynda Obst.
- Marianne Williamson officiated the wedding of British-American actress, businesswoman, and humanitarian, Elizabeth Taylor, and Larry Fortensky.
- She has been the spiritual advisor to the popular media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer, and philanthropist, Oprah Winfrey. Oprah has also been a huge fan of Marianne Williamson’s book titled A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles and has said, “I have never been more moved by a book than I am by this one.”
- She was named as one of the 50 most influential baby boomers by Newsweek Magazine in 2006.
- She has been friends with actress and singer, Lesley Ann Warren.
- Marianne Williamson has released several books including A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles, A Politics of Love: A Handbook for a New American Revolution, The Age of Miracles: Embracing the New Midlife, A Woman’s Worth, Illuminata, and Healing the Soul of America: Reclaiming Our Voices as Spiritual Citizens.
- She has appeared on shows like The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, and Late Night with Seth Meyers.
- Marianne Williamson has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Twitter, more than a million followers on Facebook, more than 800k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Featured Image by Matt Johnson / Flickr / CC BY 2.0