|Marisol Nichols Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rogers Park, Chicago, Illinois
- Los Angeles, California, USA
- Resided in Vancouver, Canada while shooting for Riverdale (2017)
She earned her high school graduation from Naperville North High school in Illinois.
Thereafter, she joined the College of Dupage, the largest community college in her state in her junior year where she got her first taste of acting after getting cast in a lead role in Arthur Miller’s, A View from the Bridge.
To hone her skills further, she joined the college forensics team.
She earned a scholarship to study at Eastern Michigan University but bypassed the opportunity to learn and pursue acting in Chicago.
- Father – Robert Falkenhof
- Mother – Maria Pachnik
- Siblings – Two Younger Brothers
- Others – Randy Pachnik (Stepfather)
- Primary Wave – LA and NYC
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California
Marisol’s net worth had been $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marisol Nichols has dated –
- Andrea Sorrentino (1994–1998) – Marisol dated the Italian costume designer, Andrea Sorrentino for a year before marrying him in 1995. Due to undisclosed reasons, the couple divorced after three years of marriage.
- Taron Lexton (2004–2018) – Marisol met her South African writer, director, and cinematographer husband on a cruise. He is 9 years younger than her. They dated for two years before getting engaged in 2006. They got married in April 2008. Their daughter named, Rain India Lexton was born in September 2008. In November 2018, Marisol applied for a divorce from Taron.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Half Hispanic)
Her father has Hungarian and Romanian ancestry.
Her mother is a Mexican who originally hails from Texas, USA.
Dark Brown / Brunette
- Rich brown skin with exotic facial features.
- Thick, dark hair
- Slender build
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 8 (UK) or 36 (EU)
7 (US) or 4.5 (UK) or 37.5 (EU)
She was a spokesperson for Bally’s Total Fitness for a long time even before she became a mother and was featured in Bally’s 2008 New Year Resolution commercial.
Best Known For
- Recurring role of a desert wolf in the MTV supernatural series Teen Wolf.
- Part of the main cast as Hermione Lodge in the teen mystery drama, Riverdale.
Was cast as Audrey Griswold, daughter of Chevy Chase’s character in Vegas Vacation (1997).
First TV Show
One episode appearance as a character named Melissa in the Canadian crime series Due South (1996).
Before that, she was seen in the pilot episode of CBS sitcom My Guys for her role as Angela in 1996.
- In terms of exercise, Marisol reveals that she has tried almost everything. Even though she knows that HIIT training is very popular for fat-loss, she insists it does not work for her because her body feels sore and inflamed and does not recover from the intensity of HIIT for many days.
- Instead, she only trains her full body with light weights and primarily focuses on floor exercises. She swears by Pilates to strengthen her core and follows it up with a 40-minute walk. On a treadmill, she prefers to walk on incline mode. Also, at least 3 times a week, she focuses on thorough stretching and flexibility work.
- In 2007, after many years of hit and trial, Marisol came across the 1st Personal Diet by Dr. Cohen, a South African OB/GYN. The diet is designed to balance female hormones and specifically aims at storing or burning fat in the body as per requirement.
- Marisol’s body responded well to these principles and after she managed to lose 40 pounds post-pregnancy by following a modified version of this diet, it won her loyalty for the rest of her life. She says she can eat anything she wants without consequence 20% of the time if she designs 80% of her meals based on the 1st Personal Diet.
- Her top 5 general health tips are:
- Just a cup of coffee in the morning is not enough. Have breakfast.
- Replace refined sugar. Marisol uses vanilla flavored stevia in her coffee, tea, and cooking.
- Replace heavy oils and sauces with spices for flavor in food.
- Eat protein with every sugar loaded indulgence to prevent lethargy caused by a sugar crash afterward.
- Alternate walking with running to limit wearing out your body.
Marisol Nichols Favorite Things
- Room – Her home office
- Book – Ender’s Game (published 1985) by Orson Scott Card
- Actors, She Loves Working With – Camila Mendes, Luke Perry
- Movie (Among Her Own) – Felon (2008)
- TV Shows – X-Files, Grey’s Anatomy, Studio 60, The Closer
- Childhood TV Shows – Facts of Life, Family Ties, Fantasy Island
- Chicago Restaurant – Parthenon Greek Restaurant (Shut-down 2016)
- Meal She Loves To Cook – Chicken Thighs with Veggies
- Cooking Ingredients – Garlic and Onion
- Alone Time Activity – Gardening with her daughter by her side
- Quote – “You is kind, you is smart, you is important,” from The Help (2011)
- Makeup Accessory – Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
- Eyeliner – Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Pearly Brown
- Foundation – Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation
- Compact – Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder
- Contouring Powder – Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium
- Breakfast – Plain Low-fat Fage Yogurt with cinnamon and Stevia
- Denim – Frame Jeans
- Shoe Brand – Pour La Victoire for heels, Zara for pointy flat shoes
- Fashion Must-have – Fitted black blazer and a stylish, sturdy handbag
- Anti–Aging Serum – Benir Beauty
- Skin Treatment – Laser Genesis
- Hair Product – Leonor Greyl
- DJ – Skrillex, David Guetta
Marisol Nichols Facts
- Marisol has never met or interacted with her biological father.
- While auditioning for various roles in Chicago, Marisol worked at gas stations and restaurants.
- She worked continuously at one job or the other since the age of 14.
- While in school, she was a girl scout. She also learned to play Tee-ball and took dance and gymnastics classes.
- She admits every high school has a group of mean girls and she remembers the first and last names of such bullies from her school till this day.
- She struggled with studying in high school and hence found it easier to skip classes and briefly got into drug and alcohol abuse. The self-destructive behavior made her question her motives and she soon turned her life around in junior college.
- Competitive acting and debating in junior college gave Marisol the self-confidence and thick skin required to go to audition after audition for an actor. By 2017, she claims having given more than 2000 auditions and repeatedly had to return to screen test for some roles 5 or even 6 times. She is happy to continue this competitive drill for as long as she can.
- Marisol’s home office contains two paintings from her grandmother’s home in Chicago which represent her childhood memories. She feels happy to look at them every day.
- She is an avid reader and is often between reading 3 to 4 books at a time.
- She is also a cat person and always had a pet cat with her since she was a child. Also, owns a pet dog.
- According to her, setting up a non-profit organization (slaveryfreeworld.org) to prevent human trafficking within the United States is one of her biggest accomplishments.
- She is usually cast in TV shows to play middle-eastern characters.
- She made a guest appearance in Friends in 2003 in season 9 episode 19.
- Marisol was initially skeptical of working with the iconic fictional characters in Riverdale but found the dark, mysterious storyline as engrossing as it was for the audience.
- Marisol was inspired to name her daughter, Rain after noticing how precipitation magically clears up the smog in LA, giving it a fresh new vibe.
- In the past, she started her own non-profit organization, Foundation for a Slavery Free World.