|Mark Sheehan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1976|
Mark Sheehan is a talented Irish musician, songwriter, and producer. He is recognized as the lead guitarist of the popular Irish alternative rock-pop band, The Script. Before The Script, he was one of the original members of the pop boy band Mytown. He is known for songs like Hall of Fame, If You Could See Me Now, Before the Worst, Breakeven, For the First Time, Freedom Child, Arms Open, The Man Who Can’t Be Moved, and Superheroes, among others. He has written and produced songs for Britney Spears, Boyz II Men, and TLC.
- Dublin, Ireland
- London, England, United Kingdom
Musician, Songwriter, Producer
- Father – Gerard Sheehan
Mark Sheehan can be reached through Hall or Nothing Management, James Grant Group Ltd., Music Artist Management Company, London, United Kingdom.
Pop, Soft Rock, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock
Lead Guitar, Vocals
- Phonogenic Records
- Epic Records
- RCA Records
- Columbia Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark Sheehan has dated –
- Rina Sheehan – Mark was in a relationship with Rina, who’s also from Dublin. The couple later married and has 3 children – sons Cameron and Lil, and daughter Avery.
Race / Ethnicity
- Red Beard
- Shaved head
- Serious face
Best Known For
Being the lead guitarist of the Irish pop alternative rock band The Script since 2001 and writing, producing, and performing hit songs like Hall of Fame, If You Could See Me Now, Before the Worst, Breakeven, For the First Time, Freedom Child, Arms Open, Man On a Wire, The Man Who Can’t Be Moved, and Superheroes, among others
In 2000, Mark, as a part of the Irish boy band, Mytown came out with a self-titled debut album Mytown through Universal Music Group in Ireland. The album was recorded between 1997 and 1999 and was released in 2000. The album had 13 original songs.
As a member of The Script, he released the debut self-titled album, The Script in August 2008.
First TV Show
In 2008, he made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show The Charlotte Church Show as a member of The Script band.
Mark Sheehan Favorite Things
- Chord – C chord
- Band – The Police
- Season – Summer
Source – Music Radar, YouTube, YouTube
Mark Sheehan Facts
- His father died when he was 14 years old.
- He became interested in music through dance and learned hip-hop by watching MTV.
- At the age of 17, he started teaching hip-hop at the Digges Lane performing arts school in Dublin.
- His first band was the Irish pop group called Mytown that also included his now The Script bandmate Danny O’Donoghue.
- Mark, along with Danny, owns a music production company called MadNotesProdutions.
- He has written and produced songs for artists like Britney Spears, Boyz II Men, and TLC.
- His first guitar was Taylor 514 acoustic which he bought in the UK, which later got stolen.
- If the building’s burning down, the one guitar he would save is his Goldtop Les Paul.
- If he could have a guitar lesson from one guitarist, dead or alive, he would have taken it from Bob Marley.
- One film that he can watch over and over again is Dumb and Dumber (1994).
- He prefers chocolate more than vanilla.
- He considers himself more of a dog person.
- Mark is an early riser.
- Visit his band’s official website @ thescriptmusic.com.
Featured Image by Wer-Al Zwowe / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0