Daniel John Mark Luke O’Donoghue
Danny O’Donoghue decided against completing his school education as he wanted to focus on his career as a musician.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, panelist
- Father – Shay O’Donoghue (Died 2008) (Musician and member of the music band The Dreams)
- Mother – Ailish O’Donoghue
- Siblings – Vicky O’Donoghue (Older Brother), Mandy O’Donoghue (Older Brother), Ian O’Donoghue (Older Brother), Dara O’Donoghue (Older Brother), Andrea O’Donoghue (Older Sister)
Pop rock, soft rock
Vocals, keyboard, guitar
Sony Music Entertainment
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny O’Donoghue has dated
- Irma Mali (2008-2012) – Danny started dating Dublin based Lithuanian model Irma Mali in 2008. They were a constant fixture at the public events in Dublin until they decided to part ways in the summer of 2012. Their separation sparked several rumors, the most prominent being that his cozy equation with British socialite Bo Bruce, whom he was then mentoring on The Voice UK, led to their breakup. Also, it was often claimed that Irma was not comfortable with the public scrutiny and media spotlight focused on them.
- Janine Tugonon (2013) – Towards the start of the summer of 2013, Danny reportedly hooked up with Janine Tugonon, a Filipino fashion model, and television presenter. Janine had given interviews confirming to her native tabloids that she and Danny had a romantic equation. However, their relationship didn’t survive beyond the summer.
- Anne de Paula – According to reports, Danny started going out with Brazilian model Anne de Paula towards the end of 2014. It was claimed that they had grown close while shooting the music video for his band’s single No Good in Goodbye. In the summer of 2015, they were pictured holidaying together in Italy. However, since then, updates about their relationship have been sparse, leading to rumors that they have separated. It is also a possibility that they might be serious about each other, and to give their relationship a better shot, they have taken it completely out of the spotlight.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tattoos on his arms
- Tall height
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 101.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86.5 cm
Danny O’Donoghue hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Best Known For
- Being the frontman of the popular Irish rock band, The Script. Their multiple albums have found a place at the top of the music charts.
- Having served as a coach on the British talent show, The Voice UK.
- Writing songs for popular artists such as Boyz II Men and Britney Spears.
In 2008, his music group released their debut studio album, The Script.
Danny made his theatrical film debut in the music movie, The Script: Homecoming in 2011.
First TV Show
In 1995, Danny made her first TV show appearance in the drama musical TV series, Finbar’s Class.
Information about his workout routine and diet plans are unknown.
Danny O’Donoghue Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken
Source – Chicago Tribune
Danny O’Donoghue Facts
- Once while performing in Brussels, a fan grabbed his scrotum. Needless to say, Danny wasn’t impressed and punched the fan in the face.
- While growing up, he didn’t dream of being a musician. In fact, he was firmly against the idea of becoming one.
- In the late 90s; he became a member of the music band called Mytown. His close friend and The Script bandmate Mark Sheehan was also a member of that band.
- He got a rose tattooed on his left arm to commemorate the death of his father on February 14, 2008. He also wrote the single, If You Could See Me Now, in memory of his late father.
- Along with his friend Mark Sheehan, he is the co-founder of a music production company known as Mad Notes Productions.
- Visit his band’s official website @ thescriptmusic.com.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Wer-Al Zwowe / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0