|Yair Rodríguez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Yair Rodríguez is a Mexican professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the featherweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2014. As of April of 2021, he was ranked number 3 in the UFC featherweight rankings. Before joining UFC in 2014, he had put together a win-loss record of 5–1 competing on the regional circuit primarily in his native Mexico. He holds a black belt in Taekwondo.
Yair Raziel Rodríguez Portillo
El Pantera (The Panther)
Parral, Hidalgo del Parral, Chihuahua, Mexico
Huntington Beach, Orange County, California, United States
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Rigoberto Rodríguez Olivas
- Mother – Norma Alicia Portillo
- Siblings – He has a brother and a sister.
- Others – Misael Uziel Rodríguez Olivas (Cousin) (Professional Boxer, ‘Bronze’ Medallist at the 2016 Summer Olympics)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yair has dated –
- Alexa Grasso – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Affable smile
Yair has been sponsored by –
- Monster Energy
- Toyo Tires
- Zignum Mezcal USA (Wines/Spirits Brand)
Yair Rodríguez Facts
- He had started getting trained in Taekwondo when he was 5 years old and had made his professional mixed martial arts debut in October 2011, while he was still a teenager. He had won his debut bout via unanimous decision.
- In May 2014, he was selected as a cast member of The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America, an installment of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC)-produced reality TV series The Ultimate Fighter. He had won the quarter-final stage via submission (triangle choke) and the semi-final via submission (strikes) to reach the finals.
- Yair had then made his official UFC debut in November 2014 at UFC 180, against Leonardo Morales in the final of The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America. He had won that final via unanimous decision to become The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America featherweight champion.
- In May 2017, he had lost his bout against Frankie Edgar, at UFC 211, via TKO (doctor stoppage) after the 2nd round due to a swelling on his left eye. A year later, in May 2018, it was reported that he had been released from the UFC after allegedly declining a couple of bouts. About a month later, it was announced that he and UFC officials had sorted out their differences and that he was back on the promotion’s roster.
- In October 2018, he had agreed to replace an injured Frankie at short notice and compete against Chan Sung Jung on November 10, 2018, at UFC Fight Night 139. He went on to win the bout by knockout via reverse elbow, with the timer reading 4 minutes and 59 seconds in the 5th round. As of September 2021, this bout had held the record for the latest knockout in UFC history.
- The bout was named ‘Knockout of the Year’ by multiple media outlets/websites including Sherdog, MMA Fighting, MMAJunkie.com, CombatPress.com, and MMADNA.nl. Yair had also been awarded both the ‘Fight of the Night’ and the ‘Performance of the Night’ UFC Bonus Awards.
Featured Image by Yair Rodríguez / Instagram