|Danny O’Donoghue Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1979|
Danny O’Donoghue is an Irish singer, songwriter, record producer, and panelist who is best known as the frontman of the Irish rock band The Script, formed in 2007 in Dublin, Ireland. The Script‘s discography included several albums, extended plays, and tracks which include Hall of Fame (ft. will.i.am), Breakeven, The Script, No Sound Without Silence, #3, If You Ever Come Back, Science & Faith, Sunsets & Full Moons, If You Could See Me Now, Freedom Child, The Man Who Can’t Be Moved, We Cry, The Last Time, Run Through Walls, Talk You Down, Before the Worst, Arms Open, For the First Time, Nothing, Superheroes, Six Degrees of Separation, Millionaires, Rain, Man on a Wire, and I Want It All. Moreover, Danny O’Donoghue was previously a member of the Irish boy band Mytown as well as has served as a coach on the television singing talent show The Voice UK.
Daniel John Mark Luke O’Donoghue
Danny O’Donoghue decided against completing his school education as he wanted to focus on his career as a musician.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, panelist
- Father – Shay O’Donoghue (Died 2008) (Musician and member of the music band The Dreams)
- Mother – Ailish O’Donoghue
- Siblings – Vicky O’Donoghue (Older Brother), Mandy O’Donoghue (Older Brother), Ian O’Donoghue (Older Brother), Dara O’Donoghue (Older Brother), Andrea O’Donoghue (Older Sister)
Danny O’Donoghue has been signed with –
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Jonathan Arun Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Pop rock, soft rock, folk-rock, indie rock, alternative rock
Vocals, keyboard, guitar
Sony Music Entertainment
His net worth had been $16 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Danny O’Donoghue has dated –
- Irma Mali (2008-2012) – Danny started dating Dublin-based Lithuanian model Irma Mali in 2008. They were a constant fixture at the public events in Dublin until they decided to part ways in the summer of 2012. Their separation sparked several rumors, the most prominent being that his cozy equation with British socialite Bo Bruce, whom he was then mentoring on The Voice UK, led to their breakup. Also, it was often claimed that Irma was not comfortable with the public scrutiny and media spotlight focused on them.
- Janine Tugonon (2013) – Towards the start of the summer of 2013, Danny reportedly hooked up with Janine Tugonon, a Filipino fashion model, and television presenter. Janine had given interviews confirming to her native tabloids that she and Danny had a romantic equation. However, their relationship didn’t survive beyond the summer.
- Anne de Paula (2015-2018) – According to reports, Danny started going out with Brazilian model Anne de Paula in 2015. It was claimed that they had grown close while shooting the music video for his band’s single No Good in Goodbye. In the summer of 2015, they were pictured holidaying together in Italy. The couple broke up in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Danny O’Donoghue is of Irish and possibly one-quarter of Greek descent.
- Tattoos on his arms
- Tall height
Best Known For
- Being the frontman of the popular Irish rock band, The Script. Their multiple albums have found a place at the top of the music charts.
- Having served as a coach on the British talent show, The Voice UK
- Writing songs for popular artists such as Boyz II Men and Britney Spears
In 2008, his music group released their debut studio album, The Script.
Danny made his theatrical film debut in the music movie, The Script: Homecoming in 2011.
First TV Show
In 1995, Danny made her first TV show appearance in the drama musical TV series, Finbar’s Class.
Danny O’Donoghue Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken
Source – Chicago Tribune
Danny O’Donoghue Facts
- Once while performing in Brussels, a fan grabbed his scrotum. Needless to say, Danny wasn’t impressed and punched the fan in the face.
- While growing up, he didn’t dream of being a musician. In fact, he was firmly against the idea of becoming one.
- In the late 90s; he became a member of the music band called Mytown. His close friend and The Script bandmate Mark Sheehan was also a member of that band.
- He got a rose tattooed on his left arm to commemorate the death of his father on February 14, 2008. He also wrote the single, If You Could See Me Now, in memory of his late father.
- Along with his friend Mark Sheehan, he is the co-founder of a music production company known as Mad Notes Productions.
- On November 8, 2019, The Script released its 6th studio album titled Sunsets & Full Moons via Sony Music Entertainment. It peaked at number #1 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart as well as the Irish Albums (IRMA) chart, at number #2 on the Scottish Albums (OCC) chart, and at number #8 on the Dutch Albums (Album Top 100) chart. Also, the album was certified ‘Silver’ by the British Phonographic Industry (BPI).
Featured Image by Wer-Al Zwowe / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0