|Markiplier Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mark Edward Fischbach
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Markiplier went to the University of Cincinnati, where he aimed to graduate with a degree in biomedical engineering. However, he dropped out of the university early to focus on his YouTube career.
- Father – His father was a US air force pilot. He passed away when Mark was 18 years old.
- Siblings – Jason Thomas Fischbach (Older Brother) (Author and webcomics artist)
Markiplier is represented by William Morris Endeavor.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark has dated
- Amy Nelson (2015-Present) – Mark started going out with Amy Nelson in 2015. They kept their relationship away from the public glare until next year and made their first public appearance in the mid of 2016 as they walked the red carpet together at the VidCon. However, the constant speculation about them didn’t end with their public appearance. She got annoyed with it and decided to put an end to such speculation and posted a picture of them together on her Twitter in June 2016. Since then, they have collaborated on many YouTube videos.
Race / Ethnicity
On his mother’s side, he has Korean ancestry, while on his father’s side, he is of German descent.
Dark Brown (Natural Hair Color)
However, he has taken to dying his hair in vibrant shades such as orange, blue, and red.
- Deep and rich voice
- Strong chin
Mark has used his immense following on social media (especially YouTube) to promote several products and brands. Most of these promotions come from the usage of such products in his videos.
On reaching 8 million subscribers on YouTube, he celebrated the moment in a chopper over Las Vegas, and the whole stunt was sponsored by Bellagio resort.
Best Known For
- The popularity of his YouTube channel, which has over 18 million subscribers and views upwards of 7 billion.
- Having collaborated with other popular YouTube personalities such as PewDiePie and Adam Montoya.
In 2015, Markiplier made his theatrical film debut as himself in the comedy movie, Smosh: The Movie.
Before that, he had appeared in dozens of short films.
First TV Show
In 2015, Mark made his first TV show appearance on the popular talk show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- He started his YouTube journey in March 2012 after creating his first account. A month later, he posted his first video. His initial games focused on the playthrough of the video game Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
- When he started his YouTube career, he was in a very bad place in life. He had a bad breakup and had found out that he had a tumor in his adrenal gland. He was desperate to have something in his control, and YouTube gave him that opportunity.
- Shortly after, his AdSense account was suspended by YouTube. He did appeal against it but had to ultimately start a new channel by the name of MarkiplierGAME.
- In 2014, his YouTube channel was placed at #61 on the list of “Top 100 Channels” as compiled by New Media Rockstars.
- In 2015, he was placed on the 6th rank in the list featuring 20 most influential celebrities among teenagers in the United States.
- In 2015, he had to be admitted to the hospital after he suffered a transient ischemic attack, which resulted in intestinal blockage.
- After his hospitalization, he was advised by the doctor to quit alcohol as a lack of certain enzymes was hindering the breakdown of the alcohol in his body.
- In November 2014, he became a member of the board of comic book publisher Red Giant Entertainment.
- In 2016, it was revealed that he was going to star in his own line of comics.
- In March 2014, he moved to Los Angeles from Cincinnati to further boost his YouTube career. He felt he would be closer to resources such as YouTube space and other collaborators, which were necessary for the progress of his career.
- He has a female dog named, Chica.
- He was the 5th highest-paid YouTuber of 2020 as per Forbes with $19.5 million in earnings.
Featured Image via Dominic “Count3D” Dobrzensky / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0