|Marsai Martin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 2004|
Marsai Martin is a talented American actress and singer who is recognized as Diane Johnson from the popular comedy series Black-ish on ABC. She has also acted in other films and TV series like Nina, An American Girl Story – Melody 1963: Love Has to Win, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Marsai took acting lessons at the Cathryn Sullivan Acting for Film in Texas. She has a huge fan base of more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Caila Marsai Martin
Plano, Texas, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Marsai Martin has attended the Cathryn Sullivan Acting for Film in Texas.
Actress, Singer, Producer
- Father – Joshua Martin
- Mother – Carol Martin
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Philip Bailey (Uncle) (Band member of Earth, Wind, and Fire)
Marsai Martin is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Slate PR LLC, Public Relations, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Marsai Martin is busy shaping her career and has rarely spoken about her personal life in public.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry.
- Curly hair
- Deep set dimples
Marsai Martin has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Minute Clinic, CVS Health
- Give Me a Second
- Regions Bank Personal Pay
Best Known For
- Her entertaining performance as young Diane Johnson in the popular comedy series Black-ish on ABC
- Appearing in other films and TV series like Nina (2016) as Young Girl on Tape, An American Girl Story – Melody 1963: Love Has to Win (2016) as Melody Ellison, Fun Mom Dinner (2017) as Hannah, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (2018) as Aisha, among others
As a Singer
She performed songs like Carol of the Bells and Little Town of Bethlehem on the TV series Black-ish in 2014.
In 2016, she made her theatrical film debut in the biographic musical drama film Nina as the Young Girl on Tape.
First TV Show
In 2014, she made her first TV show appearance on the comedy-drama series Black-ish as Diane Johnson / Dolly.
In 2015, she made her debut as a voice actor on the animated family fantasy series Goldie and Bear as the character Jill.
Marsai Martin Favorite Things
- Go-To Order – 8 pieces of nuggets triple well done, with fries, a lemon-up, and Polynesian sauce
- Pizza – Pineapple Pizza
Source – JustJaredJr.com
Marsai Martin Facts
- At the age of 5, her parents signed her up with a talent agency in Dallas.
- She started her career in commercials at the age of 5.
- In 2013, she moved to Los Angeles to further pursue her acting career.
- She is the executive producer for the film Little which is based on her story idea in collaboration with Universal Pictures.
- In 2016, she won the NAACP Image Award for ‘Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series’ for her role in Black-ish. Again in 2016, she received the Young Artist Award for ‘Best Performance in a TV Series – Supporting Young Actress’ for Black-ish.
- In 2017, she won another NAACP Image Award for ‘Outstanding Performance by a Youth (Series, Special, Television Movie or Limited-series)’ for Black-ish.
- She does not like peanut butter.
- Marsai is a Denver Broncos fan.
- She is a shoe fanatic.
- She loves watching cooking shows.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Marsai Martin / Instagram