|Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1972|
|Spouse||Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark|
Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark is the wife of Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark and an esteemed member of the Danish royal family.
Mary Elizabeth Donaldson
Countess of Monpezat
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Amalienborg Palace, Copenhagen, Denmark
Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark has studied in institutions including Clear Lake City Elementary School, Waimea Heights, Taroona High School, and Hobart College. Later, she attended the University of Tasmania from 1990 to 1994 and graduated with a combined Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws degree on May 27, 1995.
Additionally, she has gained certificates in advertising from the Advertising Federation of Australia (AFA) and direct marketing from the Australian Direct Marketing Association (ADMA). Also, she has studied Danish in Studieskolen.
Member of the Danish Royal Family, Former English Tutor, Marketing Consultant
- Father – Prof. John Dalgleish Donaldson (Academic, Mathematics Professor)
- Mother – Henrietta Clark Horne (Executive Assistant to the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Tasmania)
- Siblings – Jane Alison Donaldson (Older Sister), Patricia Anne Donaldson (Older Sister), John Stuart Donaldson (Older Brother)
- Others – Captain Peter Donaldson (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Dalgleish (Paternal Grandmother), Archibald Horne (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Gibson Melrose (Maternal Grandmother), Susan Elizabeth Horwood (Stepmother) (Novelist), Prince Henrik of Denmark (Father-In-Law) (Prince Consort of Denmark), Margrethe II of Denmark (Mother-In-Law) (Queen of Denmark), Prince Joachim of Denmark (Brother-In-Law) (Special Expert at Danish Defence), Princess Marie of Denmark (Sister-In-Law), Prince Nikolai of Denmark (Nephew), Prince Felix of Denmark (Nephew), Prince Henrik of Denmark (Nephew), Princess Athena of Denmark (Niece), Erin (Niece), Kate Stephens (Niece), Madisson Woods (Niece)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark has dated –
- Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark – She got married to Crown Prince Frederik on May 14, 2004, in Copenhagen Cathedral in Copenhagen and they have been blessed with 4 children, namely, Prince Christian Valdemar Henri John, Princess Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe, and twins Prince Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander and Princess Josephine Sophia Ivalo Mathilda.
Race / Ethnicity
Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark is of Scottish descent.
- Pointed chin
Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark Facts
- She has been named after her grandmothers Mary Dalgleish and Elizabeth Gibson Melrose.
- Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark grew up alongside her siblings in Hobart, Australia.
- She was particularly active in sports and other extracurricular activities during her school years.
- Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark has been honored with many foreign honors which include Grand Cross of the Order of the Crown, Commander Grand Cross of the Order of the White Rose, Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the Netherlands Lion, Member Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Polar Star, and Grand Cross of the Order of the Southern Cross of Brazil.
Featured Image by Saeima / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0