|Mary Scheer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1963|
Mary Scheer is an American actress, writer, comedian, voice actress, screenwriter, and producer who is best known for originating several characters like Mrs. Jewel Barone, Dixie Wetsworth, Connie Linder, Debbie Dander, Lily Don, and Mrs. Vigor on the sketch comedy show MADtv (1995-1998). She is also noted for being cast as Marissa Benson in iCarly (2007-2012), and Gladys in Bunk’d (2015-2017). Her acting credits also include several other shows like The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (2007), Hannah Montana (2009), 2 Broke Girls (2014), and Life in Pieces (2016). Mary is also noted for her appearances in several films such as It’s Pat (1994), Ding Dong (1995), Not of This Earth (1995), and Chump Change (2000). She is also known for lending her voice to several characters including Alice the Zookeeper in The Penguins of Madagascar (2009–2015).
Mary Louise Scheer
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Glendale, Los Angeles, California, United States
Mary completed her studies in improv comedy from The Groundlings, Los Angeles.
Actress, Writer, Comedian, Voice Actress, Screenwriter, Producer
Mary is represented by Aka Talent Agency.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mary has preferred to keep her personal life out of the spotlight ever since she joined the entertainment industry. However, what little that’s known about her dating life is that she may possibly have a daughter whose name is not known yet and a son named Nathan Scheer. News about Mary’s visible pregnancy began to spread during the 2nd season of MadTV in 1995. Later, she left the show for a while and then returned to complete the 3rd and 4th season before finally resigning from the show in 1998.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wide smile
- Thin eyebrows
- Short shoulder length hair
Mary has done endorsement work for several brands including GEICO.
Best Known For
- Impersonating several well-known stars and public figures such as Kathy Griffin, Mary Tyler Moore, Melissa Joan Hart, Candice Bergen, Fran Drescher, Emma Thompson, Frances Bavier, Irene Vernon, Ashley Judd, Lisa Malosky, and Barbara Feldon on the comedy series MadTV (1995-1998)
- Giving life to the memorable characters Mrs. Jewel Barone, Dixie Wetsworth, Connie Linder, Debbie Dander, Lily Don, and Mrs. Vigor on MadTV (1995-1998)
- Being cast as Marissa Benson in iCarly (2007-2012), and Gladys in Bunk’d (2015-2017)
- Her appearances in several hit TV shows such as The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (2007), Hannah Montana (2009), 2 Broke Girls (2014), and Life in Pieces (2016)
- Being cast in many films like It’s Pat (1994), Ding Dong (1995), Not of This Earth (1995), and Chump Change (2000)
- Lending her voice in several shows like The Penguins of Madagascar (2009-2015), MXC (2003-2007), Hey Arnold! (2000), and Family Guy (1999)
Mary made her debut feature film appearance as Bernadette Manville in Todd Hughes’ Reflection of Evil in 1989.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in a cameo role in Quantum Leap in 1993.
As a voice actress, Mary lent her voice for the first time to the character Sandra Danger in Freakazoid! in 1995.
Mary Scheer Facts
- She was raised in Michigan.
- Mary and actor and comedian Phil LaMarr are close friends.
- At The Groundlings, she performed alongside several stars like Will Ferrell, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Jennifer Coolidge, Tim Bagley, and Michael Hitchcock for 6 years.
- Apart from originating well-recognized characters like Mrs. Jewel Barone and Mrs. Vigor during her tenure on MadTV, Mary had also done impersonations of many celebrities and well-known public personalities like Attorney General of the United States Janet Wood Reno, actress and singer Demi Moore, Barbara Feldon, Ashley Olsen, Susan Sarandon, Shirley MacLaine, and Barbra Streisand.
- Mary has served as a member of the Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists labor union.
- In 2015, she was listed as an Artist-in-Residence by the Department of Cultural Affairs Teaching Artist Grant in Los Angeles.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Mary Scheer / Instagram