|Matte Babel Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 13, 1980|
Matte Babel is a Canadian TV host and music reporter who came to limelight after hosting MuchMusic’s viewer interactive television program Much On Demand. He gained further popularity by reporting on CP24, by becoming a correspondent on Entertainment Tonight Canada in 2011 and by anchoring the reality TV music competition show Canada Sings (2011-2012). He has accumulated several titles and honors including being listed as one of the “top 10 most-eligible bachelors in Canada” by the Hello magazine.
Matt Alexandros Babel
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
West Side, Los Angeles, California, United States
He graduated from Milton District High School. He then attended Wilfrid Laurier University, acquiring a Double Honours in Sociology and Communications, along with Minors in Business and Geography.
He is represented by DreamCrew.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Shay Mitchell (2017-Present) – In 2017, he began dating actress and model Shay. They have a daughter together named Atlas Noa (b. October 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall stature
- Mustache and beard
Matte Babel Favorite Things
- Passion – Charity causes, being a member of the National Speakers Bureau having delivered speeches on issues concerning youth, generation gaps, education, new media, entertainment, as well as pop culture
- Supporter Of – Anti-smoking campaigns
- Best Friend – Drake Graham
- Musicians – Nat King Cole, Paul Simon
Matte Babel Facts
- Matte was brought up in Toronto in Canada.
- He had a brief football career in Europe during his 3rd year of university when he was a member of the Wilfrid Golden Hawks football team.
- He has interviewed numerous superstars on the red carpet including Tom Cruise and Justin Timberlake.
Featured Image by Matte Babel / Instagram