|Lindy Booth Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 2, 1979|
Lindy Booth is a Canadian actress who has appeared in numerous leading and supporting roles in films and TV shows over the years. She was always enchanted by the world of theatrics and used to write and perform in plays at school from the early age of 6. She won several awards at her school for achievements in drama and theatre. Impressed by her talent, her drama teacher helped her get in contact with an acting talent agency. Her parents encouraged and supported Lindy’s creative talent and she started auditioning for roles while still in school. Soon after her graduation, she started to make appearances in films and TV series. Her career took flight after her appearances as Ridley Grant in the Disney Channel TV series The Famous Jett Jackson (1999-2001), and since then, she has racked up numerous acting credits in films and TV shows.
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Lindy attended the Thomas A. Blakelock High School in Oakville and graduated in 1998.
She is represented by The Characters Talent Agency, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
There have been some rumors that she is secretly married to a film director but she has never felt the need to address such gossip.
Race / Ethnicity
- Beautiful eyes
- Bright red hair
- Slender frame
Best Known For
Portraying popular characters in TV series such as Riley Grant in The Famous Jett Jackson (1999-2001), Claudia in Relic Hunter (1999-2001), A.J. Butterfield in The Philanthropist (2009), and Cassandra Cillian in The Librarians (2014–2018)
Lindy made her theatrical film debut as Katie in the 1999 sci-fi film Teenage Space Vampires.
First TV Show
Lindy made her TV show debut with the role of Carrie Taylor in the 1998 adventure-comedy Series Eerie, Indiana: The Other Dimension.
Lindy is a running enthusiast and incorporates the activity in her day-to-day fitness routine. She has competed in several half-marathons and 3 full marathons and regularly trains to keep herself in shape for such runs.
Lindy had also worked out extensively to achieve the strong and robust physique required for her superhero character in the 2013 film Kick-Ass 2. She also turned to a diet consisting of kale, beans, legumes, tofu, and grilled fish.
Lindy Booth Favorite Things
- Actresses – Kristen Wiig, Emma Thompson
- Actor – John Larroquette
- TV Shows – Doctor Who, Night Court (1984-1992), Survivor, Master of None
- Movies – Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971), Annie (1982), The Neverending Story (1984), Anne of Green Gables (1985), and Return to Oz (1985)
- Fictional Character – Beatrice from the play Much Ado About Nothing
- Movie Director – Baz Luhrmann
- Music Bands – Arcade Fire, Metric, One Direction
- Singers – Jack White, Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez
- Mint/Candy – Orange Tic-Tacs
- Song – The House Rules (2010) by Christian Kane
- Cuisine – Mexican
- Color – Green
- Dish/Comfort Food – Pizza
- Beverage – Wine
- Season – Autumn
- Articles of Clothing – Leather pants, Jet-black vests
- Fashion Brand – Chanel
- Baseball Teams – Los Angeles Dodgers, Toronto Blue Jays
Lindy Booth Facts
- At the Thomas A. Blakelock High School, Lindy won several awards including the 1994-1995 Junior Drama and the 1997-1998 Senior Drama awards. She also wrote and acted in a play titled Forget-Me-Not for which she was recognized with a Merit Award for acting.
- In 2018, she directed an episode titled And Some Dude Named Jeff for the TV show The Librarians.
- She also won acting awards for her roles in the plays Who Will Stop The Rain?, Beauty Is The Beast, and Vietrock at the Sears Drama Festival in Ontario which is an annual competition in Canada, where thousands of high school students compete.
- Lindy, while still in high school, had auditioned for the lead role of Felicity Porter in the drama TV series Felicity (1998-2004), created by famed director J.J. Abrams. She didn’t land the role and it eventually went to Keri Russell, who won a Golden Globe Award for her portrayal of Felicity.
- She is scared of heights and is very nervous whenever she is boarding a flight.
- Lindy has revealed in an interview that she has always been a very reserved and shy person and as a child, she used acting as an outlet for her nervous energy and as a method for tackling her social anxiety. She has stated that she found it much easier to act like someone else, rather than expressing her own thoughts and feelings.
- In 2003, Lindy played the leading role in the pilot for the TV show Plato. However, the show never went on air.
- For her portrayal of Kelly in the 2002 direct-to-video thriller film The Skulls II, Lindy jointly won the “Best Supporting Actress” award at the 2003 DVD Exclusive Awards.
- She was nominated for the “Best Actress in a TV Series Broadcast in the United States” award at the 2016 Golden Maple Awards for the role of Cassandra Cillian in the TV series The Librarians (2014-2018).
- For her portrayal of Eryn Bellow in the 2019 comedy-drama feature film The Creatress, Lindy won the “Best Lead Actress” award at the 2019 Nice International Film Festival. For the same role, she also earned a nomination for the “Best Lead Actress” at the 2019 Madrid International Film Festival.
- She once posted a picture showing off a temporary tattoo of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on her left arm.
- Follow her on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Lindy Booth / Instagram