|Matthew Davis Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¼ in|
|Date of Birth||May 8, 1978|
Matthew Davis is a talented actor who is best known for his character as Alaric Saltzman in the TV series, The Vampire Diaries. He has been cast in various movies and TV shows including What About Brian, Cult, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, The Originals, Pearl Harbor, Legally Blonde, Lone Star State of Mind, Seeing Other People, Into the Sun, and Mentor. Matthew has over 1.2 million followers on Instagram and more than 65k followers on Twitter.
Matthew W. Davis
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Matthew Davis studied at Woods Cross High School in Woods Cross, Utah. Later, he graduated from the University of Utah. He also attended The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasadena, California.
Matthew Davis is managed by –
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 1¼ in or 186 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthew Davis has dated –
- Zooey Deschanel (2000-2001) – Matthew dated actress Zooey Deschanel between 2000 and 2001.
- Leelee Sobieski (2008–2009) – In March 2008, Matthew started dating actress Leelee Sobieski. They dated for a couple of months before tying the knot in September 2008. However, their marriage did not last long and they separated in February 2009.
- Brittany Sharp (2016) – In 2016, Matthew got engaged to former Miss Georgia USA, Brittany Sharp. However, their relationship did not last long.
- Azita Ghanizada – Matthew has been in an on-and-off relationship with actress Azita Ghanizada who is famous for her role in the science fiction TV series, Alphas. They dated again in 2012 after briefly dating some 8 years back. Then again, they were sighted together in Los Angeles in 2017.
- Kiley Casciano (2018-Present) – According to his Instagram posts, in the early summers of 2018, Matthew started dating actress Kiley Casciano. Kiley even accompanied him to Comic-Con London and the couple seemed deep in love. The couple tied the knot on December 23, 2018. They have 2 daughters together named Ripley (b. March 2020) and Dorothy Lavender Davis (b. January 24, 2022).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Welsh ancestry.
- Wide forehead
- Toned body
- Pointed chin
Matthew Davis was once the face of the “MyNetworkTV” commercials.
Best Known For
- His notable roles in TV series including What About Brian (2006–2007) as Adam Hillman, Damages (2009–2010) as Josh Reston, The Vampire Diaries (2009–2017) as Alaric Saltzman, Cult (2013) as Jeff Sefton, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2013–2014) as Sean Yeager, and The Originals (2017–2018) as Alaric Saltzman
- Having been cast in various roles in films such as Pearl Harbor (2001) as Joe, Legally Blonde (2001) as Warner Huntington III, Lone Star State of Mind (2002) as Jimbo, Seeing Other People (2004) as Donald, Into the Sun (2005) as Sean Mack, Mentor (2006) as Carter, and Waiting for Forever (2010) as Aaron
In 2000, he made his theatrical film debut as Private Jim Paxton in the war drama film, Tigerland.
First TV Show
In 2006, he made his first TV show appearance as Adam Hillman in the romantic comedy-drama series, What About Brian.
Matthew Davis Favorite Things
- Alaric Saltzman Character (From The Vampire Diaries (2009–2017)) – The History Teacher
Source – YouTube
Matthew Davis Facts
- He first became interested in acting during his days at the University of Utah.
- Before becoming a notable actor, he worked as a pizza delivery boy.
- He has even delivered pizza to the famous American-Cuban actor, Andy Garcia.
- Though he is renowned for his role as a vampire, in real life, he would prefer to be a Ninja.
- In October 2020, Matthew had a Twitter fight with Paul Wesley over Vice President Mike Pence debate. It all started when Matthew tweeted, “It’d be nice if the moderator would stop interrupting Pence and let him finish his point.” To which Paul replied and the online fight started.
Featured Image by vagueonthehow / Flickr / CC BY 2.0