|Matthias Dandois Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1989|
Matthias Dandois is a French BMX rider who is often regarded as one of the best BMX cyclists of all time having become the world champion in the BMX Flatland discipline 9 times as of July 2021 (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021). In both 2018 and 2019, he had won the BMX Freestyle World Cup and in the latter year, he had stood 2nd in the discipline’s first official world championship. This was after the International Cycling Union had recognized the BMX Flatland discipline in 2018. In addition to these titles, he has won several tournaments including the 2016 Pro Freestyle – BMX Park, the 2016 iBMXFF BMX World Championships, the 2016 Belgian BMX Open Pro Flatland, the 2016 FISE World Series – BMX Flatland, and the 2019 Voodoo Jam.
Matthias Lucas Dandois-Delaigue
Épinay-sur-Orge, Essonne, Île-de-France, France
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Matthias had completed his high school graduation in 2007. He had then attended the English faculty of The New Sorbonne University, a public university in Paris. He had, however, dropped out before completing his course to pursue his cycling career.
- Father – Jean-Philippe Dandois
- Siblings – Laurie Dandois (Older Sister), Léa Dandois (Younger Sister)
He is represented by Guillaume Valladeau, Manager and Booking Agent, ASI Management, Bordeaux, Gironde, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Matthias has dated –
- Constance Jablonski (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of French descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, wavy hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Has a mole on his left cheek
- Has both his hands, sides, and left leg covered in tattoos
Matthias has been sponsored by –
- Red Bull GmbH
- Haro Bikes Corporation
Matthias Dandois Facts
- His parents had recognized his interest in cycling at a very young age and had gifted him a BMX bike to practice. They had also built him a BMX Flatland track in their back garden so that he did not have to wander to a special coaching/training facility.
- Before he had dedicated himself to a career in BMX riding, he was also interested in athletics and had represented the Essonne Athletic club at the regional level.
- Around this team, he was also highly interested in soccer and had dreamed of becoming a professional soccer player. He had even played the sport at a local level for about 7 years after which his coach had urged him to try something else. It was then that his hobby of riding around his hometown with his friends had drawn him towards biking and cycling.
- By the time he was 16 years old, he had made a firm call to pursue BMX riding as a career. He would start his training regimen at around 10 in the morning and would not return home by dusk.
- In 2014, at the peak of his powers, he had suffered a devastating foot injury while trying to execute a basic stunt. He had used the injury-enforced break to improve his dietary habits and learn several techniques to improve his patience.
- He is also an accomplished photographer whose work has been featured in Vogue Arabia.
Featured Image by Matthias Dandois / Instagram