|Max Chilton Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1991|
Max Chilton is a British racing driver and TV personality. He is best known for competing in Formula One, driving for Marussia F1 between 2012 and 2014, and in the IndyCar Series driving for Carlin Motorsport starting on December 13, 2017.
Maximilian Alexander Chilton
Redhill, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Reigate, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
He attended an independent boarding day school Ardingly College in Ardingly, West Sussex, England, the United Kingdom between 2000 and 2008.
Racing Driver, TV Personality
- Father – Grahame Chilton (Businessman, Former Co-Owner of Benfield Group, Vice-Chairman of Aon plc)
- Mother – Nadine Chilton
- Siblings – Thomas “Tom” James Chilton (Older Brother) (Racing Driver)
- Others – His father-in-law passed away from a stroke in March 2020.
Max Chilton is represented by –
- Crown Talent & Media Group (Talent Agent) in London, England, United Kingdom
- Soapbox London (Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom
- 4 – Marussia F1
- 8 – Chip Ganassi Racing
- 16 – Hitech Racing
- 59 – Carlin
- 83 – Nissan Motorsports
6 ft or 183 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Max Chilton has dated –
- Chloë (née Roberts) Chilton (2017-Present) – Max started dating an artist Chloe Roberts on February 3, 2009. The couple got married on August 12, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
- Pointy chin
- Thin nose
Max Chilton has endorsed brands such as –
- Armin Strom
- Twisted Automotive
- Lets Race UK
- Gallagher Group Limited
Max Chilton Facts
- He grew up in Reigate, Surrey, England, United Kingdom.
- Max started his career in karting at the age of 10. He remained in Cadet for 2 years before moving to Junior Formula TKM.
- He made his switch to full-sized cars at the age of 14.
- His 1st car was a MINI Cooper S with grey with black stripes. He bought it when he got his driver’s license, at the age of 17.
- At the age of 19, he bought a MINI John Cooper Works. After he heard his parents’ friends regret selling their 1st cars, Max decided never to sell it and lent it to his wife.
- In 2012, he bought a BMW M4 but quickly exchanged it for 430 Ferrari Scuderia, even though he initially wanted to buy Ferrari 355. Soon after, he sold it and bought C63 Mercedes AMG.
- Max also owned a McLaren 675 Spider and sold it for Ferrari 599 GTO. He then owned 1974 Ferrari Daytona, Ferrari 550 Barchetta, Ferrari Enzo, Porsche 50th Anniversary 911, Mercedes 190 SL 1959, and finally, Land Rover Defender in 2015, his lifetime “pride and joy”.
- His Formula One teammate for Marussia between 2013 and 2014 was Jules Bianchi. Jules died 9 months after a horrific crash on 5 October 2014, and Max dedicated his maiden pole position eventual race win at the 2015 Indy Lights in his honor.
- Max became the only rookie driver who has finished every Grand Prix in their debut season during the 2013 Formula One season.
- In the 2014 Formula One season, he reached a number of 25 consecutive race finishes, 19 of which were in 2013. With that, Max broke the record for most classified finished races in a rookie season. However, he was far from reaching a record of most consecutive classified finishes (41), held by Nick Heidfeld.
- Max enjoys running, cycling, and golf.
- In 2019, he altered his diet to include more vegetables, fruits, and salads and reduced his meat intake.
- Max bought a Ferrari 488 Pista in 2019.
- Max considers himself a very tidy and organized person, a trait he finds unusual for someone his age.
- During the lockdown caused by a coronavirus in 2020, he discovered he was passionate about gardening, groundskeeping, and trying out DIY (Do-It-Yourself) projects.
- Max enjoys drinking beer and eating In-N-Out burgers after a race.
- A dream he will probably never realize is buying 250 Ferrari California Spider or Ferrari 250 with a short wheelbase, because they cost around $19 million each.
Featured Image by AdamCrownTalent / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0