|Melissa Joan Hart Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1976|
Melissa Joan Hart
Sabrina, Mel, Halfpint, Sa, MellyJHart
Smithtown, New York, United States
Melissa Hart went to the Sayville Middle School, which she left after the eighth grade to concentrate on her acting career. After a brief hiatus, she resumed her studies at Sayville High School.
Since 1994, Melissa has done different correspondence courses from New York University including a Bachelor of Arts degree in literature and art. However, she had to put her studies on one-year hold in 1999 due to her acting commitments.
Actress, director, producer, singer, fashion designer, businesswoman
- Father – William Hart (Carpenter, shellfish purveyor, clam hatchery worker, entrepreneur)
- Mother – Paula Hart (Producer and Talent Manager)
- Siblings – Trisha Hart (Sister) (Actress), Elizabeth Hart (Sister) (Actress), Brian Hart (Brother) (Actor), Emily Hart (Younger Sister) (Actress), Alexandra Gilliams (Half-Sister), Samantha Gilliams (Half-Sister), Mackenzie Gilliams (Half-Sister)
- Others – Leslie Gilliams (Step-Father) (Television Executive), Stanley John Voje (Maternal Grandfather) (Navy Veteran)
Rain Management Group represents Melissa Hart.
Her music has been released by various record labels, mostly Sony.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa Hart has dated –
- James Fields (1995-1998) – Melissa Hart started dating actor James Fields in 1995 after meeting at a mutual friend’s house in Park City, Utah. Melissa, who was living in New York at that time was a regular visitor to Utah and James traveled to New York whenever possible. In 1998, they moved in together in a Spanish-style home in Los Angeles. It was rumored that they had even gotten engaged. However, their relationship fizzled out by the year-end.
- Ryan Reynolds (1996) – Melissa had a steamy fling with Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds after working together in Sabrina the Teenage Witch. On the last day of shooting, Reynolds gifted her an expensive Beluga watch after which she had a long make-out session with him.
- Adrian Grenier (1998-1999) – Melissa started dating actor Adrian Grenier while working together in the movie, Drive Me Crazy (1999). Melissa gave Grenier a glowing tribute in her autobiography and rated him as one of the best kissers she had met.
- Bryan Kirkwood (2000-2001) – Hart dated TV producer Bryan Kirkwood for under a year after meeting at a private event.
- Mark Wilkerson (2003-Present) – After dating for over a year, Melissa got married to musician Mark Wilkerson in July 2003 in Florence. The wedding preparations were recorded in a mini-series produced by Melissa’s production house. The couple has three children, sons Mason Walter Wilkerson (b. January 2006), Braydon “Brady” Hart Wilkerson (b. March 2008), McFadden Wilkerson (b. September 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
- Pale skin
- Hourglass figure
34-25-35 in or 86-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
6.5 (US) or 37 (EU)
Melissa Hart got her first acting gig at the age of 4 when she was cast in a TV advert for Splashy bathtub toys.
She has done several festival-themed commercials for the Walmart and was seen in promotional snippets for Nutrisystem weight loss program.
Melissa has appeared in commercials for the following brands as well –
- Jazzy Jewelers
- Frosted Cheerios
- Rice Krispies
- Children’s Tylenol
Best Known For
- Starring in ABC TV series, Melissa & Joey.
- Working in Archie based series, Sabrina the Teenage Witch from 1996 to 2003.
As a Singer
As her character Clarissa from Clarissa Explains it All, Melissa has recorded the soundtrack, This Is What ‘Na Na’ Means. She has also recorded a musical version of classic, Peter and the Wolf.
Melissa Hart made her first theatrical film appearance in teen comedy film Can’t Hardly Wait for her uncredited role as Vicki, Yearbook Girl in 1998.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut in the anthology series ABC Weekend Special in 1985 for her guest role as Cindy.
Melissa keeps her hourglass figure in a tip-top shape by hitting the gym three times a week for strength training workouts that last about an hour. Additionally, she performs a cardio routine twice a week. To ensure that she doesn’t miss her cardio work, she has signed up for cardio class instead of slaving all alone in the gym.
She believes that exercise constitutes only 20 percent of the weight loss routine and the rest 80 percent is diet. So, when it comes to diet, she follows Nutrisystem diet plan.
- Breakfast – She prefers Nutrisystem shakes.
- Lunch – Mostly comprises of a healthy salad.
- Dinner – Chicken and beef with vegetables.
Melissa Hart Favorite Things
- Sabrina Episode – Pancake Madness (Season 3 Episode 5)
- Melissa & Joey Episode – Dancing with the Stars of Toledo (Season 1 Episode 8)
- Meals – Shredded Chicken Caprese Pizza, Mediterranean Pizza, Hawaiian Pizza
Source – Buzzfeed.com, Nutrisystem.com
Melissa Hart Facts
- Melissa Hart got her first name from the Allman Brothers song Melissa. Her middle name ‘Joan’ comes from her maternal grandmother’s name.
- Her right eye doesn’t open as wide as her left eye due to lazy eye syndrome, which makes eyelid droop a little.
- She is a big fan of Hollywood legends, Audrey Hepburn and Shirley Temple, and loves to collect memorabilia related to two iconic actresses.
- As a hobby, Melissa loves collecting paintings by legendary artists and already has three Pablo Picasso paintings.
- For her wedding to Mark Wilkerson, she decided to go with the purple and gold theme, which was inspired by the colors of her alma mater, Sayville High School.
- Melissa Hart was the owner of a candy store in Sherman Oaks, California named Sweethearts.
- She was caught up in a controversy after a former employee of her candy store sued for racial discrimination and wrongful termination.
- She is the co-owner of the mobile coupons app, Yowza!!
- Along with Mark Wilkerson, she has started her own fashion line labeled as King of Harts.
- In 2012, she suffered a severe backlash after she declared her support for Presidential candidate Mitt Romney via her Twitter account.
- In August 2021, Melissa revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19 after being vaccinated.