|Paula Jai Parker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 19, 1969|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Paula Jai Parker is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, director, and producer who is known for her television roles like playing Val Brentwood-Gal Spy in the comedy-drama series The Weird Al Show, Stephanie Sanders in the soap opera A House Divided, Celine in the drama series Queen Sugar, Roberta Young in the ABC comedy-drama series Snoops, Stargell Grant in the drama series Side Order of Life, Margarita Jean-Baptiste in the teen drama series Recovery Road, Sylvie Starr in the Showtime crime drama series Ray Donovan, Teresa in the sitcom Black Jesus, Hazel in the anthology horror drama series Them, Headmistress Merriweather in the anthology series Crown Lake, and Trudy Parker-Proud (voice) in the animated series The Proud Family and The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder. She has also been cast in several films including Cosmic Slop, Why Do Fools Fall in Love, Tales from the Hood, Friday, 30 Years to Life, Don’t Be a Menace to South Central…, Get on the Bus, Always Outnumbered, My Baby’s Daddy, Hustle & Flow, The Breaks, Idlewild, Woo, Phone Booth, High Crimes, Life of a King, She Hate Me, Love Chronicles, The Proud Family Movie, and The Genius Club.
Paula Jai Parker
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Paula Jai Parker studied at Howard University in Washington, D.C. and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian, Director, Producer
Paula Jai Parker has been signed with Rebel Entertainment Partners, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth has been $150 Thousand.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Paula Jai Parker has dated –
- Forrest Martin (2004-Present) – In 2004, she got married to Forrest Martin whom she met on the set of Hustle & Flow. They were blessed with their first child, a son named Onederful Vanglorious Jaxon N’Krumah Martin, in 2009.
Race / Ethnicity
Paula Jai Parker Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Cleveland, Ohio.
- In 1987, she shifted to Washington, D.C.
- After graduating from university, Paula Jai Parker relocated to New York City.
- She appeared as Tang in the 1994 anthology television film Cosmic Slop and this role won her the CableACE Award in the “Best Actress in a Drama” category.
- In 2001, she appeared in the music video for Jay-Z‘s song Girls, Girls, Girls.
- Paula Jai Parker provided vocals to the character of Trudy Parker-Proud (the veterinarian mother of Penny, BeBe, and CeCe) in the coming-of-age animated comedy sitcom The Proud Family from 2001 to 2005.
- Alongside Terrence Howard, Anthony Anderson, Taryn Manning, Taraji P. Henson, Elise Neal, DJ Qualls, and Ludacris, Paula co-starred as Lexus in the 2005 drama film Hustle & Flow. For this performance, she won the Women Film Critics Circle Award for “Best Comedic Performance”.
- From 2019 to 2022, she played the recurring role of Stephanie Sanders in the web television soap opera A House Divided. This earned her an Indie Series Award nomination in the “Best Lead Actress — Drama” category.
- In 2021, Paula Jai Parker was cast as Celine in the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) drama series Queen Sugar. The show stars Rutina Wesley, Dawn-Lyen Gardner, Kofi Siriboe, Omar Dorsey, Dondre Whitfield, Greg Vaughan, Tina Lifford, Tammy Townsend, and others.
Featured Image by Paula Jai Parker / Instagram