|Mia Kang Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1988|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Mia Kang is a Chinese fashion model, body confidence advocate, Muay Thai fighter, and television host who is best known for being an advocate for women’s body confidence and for having served as the host of the reality competition television series, Spy Games. Mia was bullied as a young girl for being overweight due to which, she halved her weight at the age of 13 and was later scouted as a model. She has done modeling work for brands like Levi’s, Aveda, Triumph, Pizza Hut, Guess, and many more. Mia is also trained in the martial art Muay Thai and has participated in several tournaments.
Hong Kong, China
Mia Kang got her school education from Island School in Hong Kong.
She was then enrolled at Bristol University. Then, she got admission at the
Then, she got admission to the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London and graduated with a Master’s degree in finance and financial law.
- Father – Her father was a physicist at Oxford University.
- Siblings – Malcolm (Half-Brother). Overall, she has 4 half-brothers and half-sisters.
Mia Kang is represented by
- Cal-Carries Models – Singapore (Mother Agency)
- Models 1
- Women Management – Milan
- Trump Models – New York
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Will Estes (2012)
Race / Ethnicity
Mia has South Korean ancestry on her mother’s side and is of British descent on her father’s side.
35-24.5-36.5 in or 89-62-93 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Mia Kang has starred in the endorsement campaigns for Levi’s, Pizza Hut, Aveda, Triumph, Guess, etc.
Best Known For
- Being one of the leading models in Hong Kong.
- Having appeared in the photoshoots for the Sports Illustrated magazine.
First TV Show
Mia appeared on the talk show The O’Reilly Factor as herself in a 2016 episode.
Due to her earlier struggles with eating disorders, she has switched her focus on adopting a healthy lifestyle that includes an intense workout routine. She is trained in Thai boxing and at one point, stayed in a house full of fighters for weeks to get her body in the shape she desired. She still enjoys indulging in Thai boxing training and sparring sessions to tone her body up. Also, she has taken up professional training in Muay Thai.
Another workout style she enjoys is yoga. She makes sure that she keeps an hour aside in her daily routine for her yoga sessions at the Pure Yoga studio in Hong Kong. She believes that yoga helps her breathe and unwind. It is basically her happy place.
She also loves to explore new workout routines including Spinning, Pilates, HIIT, Barre, and boxing.
Although she watches what she is eating, she doesn’t believe in depriving her body of anything. If she wants, she goes for a pizza and wine on the side.
— Mia Kang (@MissMiaKang) March 31, 2017
Mia Kang Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Trashy TV
- Thing She Can Cook – Espresso Martini
- Biggest Fear – Heights
- Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Models – Tyra Banks and Cindy Crawford
- Sports – Basketball and Synchronized Swimming
- Body Part On A Guy – Shoulders
- Binge-Worthy TV Show – Games of Thrones
- Perfect Date – Watching a sunset together or going to a park
- Food – Japanese and Thai
- Fashion Brands – Balmain, Alice + Olivia, Celine, and Givenchy
- Place To Unwind – Whisky bar Stockton
Source – Sports Illustrated, South China Morning Post
Mia Kang Facts
- While growing up, she struggled with obesity. At the age of 13, she cut her weight to half as she stopped eating, which was partially triggered by her doctor’s warning that her obesity could lead to diabetes.
- She has struggled with mental issues such as depression and anxiety.
- Mia was discovered at the age of 13 while she was with her dance teacher. One of her first jobs was to model for Levi’s campaign in Hong Kong.
- She has started a charity foundation in Hong Kong with her brother that incentivizes corporations and companies to make ethically sound decisions.
- She has suffered from eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia. She has been a vocal supporter of the organizations and foundations associated with eating disorders.
- In 2016, she was the winner of the global model search contest conducted by the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit magazine.
- While growing up, she was bullied due to her weight and obesity problems.
- She used to have a poster of Sports Illustrated magazine featuring Tyra Banks hung on the wall of her bedroom.
- She enjoys outdoor activities such as Wake surfing.
- Mia struggled with eating disorders and body dysmorphia in her youth.
- She published her memoir titled Knockout in 2020.
- In the past, she once contemplated suicide.