|Michael Costello Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 20, 1983|
Michael Costello is an American fashion designer and reality TV personality who came to the spotlight in 2010 when he had finished as a finalist (2nd runner-up) in the 8th season of the popular fashion design-based competitive reality TV series Project Runway. 2 years later, he had competed in the first season of Project Runway All-Stars where had finished in 3rd place. The turning point in his career came in 2014 when he had crafted a white lace dress for pop star Beyoncé which she had sported at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards. In March 2017, he was honored with a ‘Star’ on the ‘Palm Springs Walk of Stars’. The then-mayor of the resort city of Palm Springs had given him the key to the city of Palm Springs and had declared March 18 as the ‘Michael Costello Day’.
Sherman Oaks, San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Fashion Designer, Reality TV Personality
- Mother – Sonia Yanko
- Siblings – Stephanie Costello (Sister). He has 2 other siblings.
- Others – Mileva Yanko (Maternal Great Grandmother) (Seamstress, Dress Maker). He has 14 nephews and nieces.
Michael Costello’s net worth had been $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael has dated –
- Richard Galvin (2006-Present)
Through Michael’s past arranged marriage that ended in February 2006, he has 2 children named Giovanni and Coco. He was seeing Richard in the latter phase of this marriage and had come out as gay once the marriage was over.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian-Hungarian descent on his father’s side and Greek Romani and Russian descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
- Has multiple tattoos on both his hands
Michael Costello Facts
- A child prodigy, Michael had shown signs of his abundant talent very early in life when he had started designing clothes, at the age of 2. He would draw his creations on the walls of his house.
- When he was 15 years old, he had moved to Palm Springs, California, and had soon opened his first fashion store at 286, North Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs. He would later go on to make custom designs for several celebrities at this facility.
- His designs have been sported by numerous celebrities at red carpet events across the globe. He had once designed a matching hat and dress for rapper Cardi B for her walk at the Paris Fashion Week. A dress of his was worn by socialite Kylie Jenner for her birthday magazine cover. His creations have also been featured on Nicki Minaj: The Empire, rapper Nicki Minaj‘s game app.
- In 2016, he had collaborated with renowned costume designer Lou Eyrich to design gowns for Lady Gaga to be used in the popular anthology horror TV series American Horror Story. This design team had won a Primetime Emmy Award in the category of ‘Outstanding Costumes For a Contemporary Series, Limited Series or Movie’ for their efforts.
Featured Image by Michael Costello / Instagram