|Michelle Heaton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 19, 1979|
Michelle Heaton is an English pop singer, actress, and television personality who was a member of the pop group Liberty X alongside Jessica Taylor, Kelli Young, Kevin Simm, and Tony Lundon. The group went on to achieve ten consecutive UK Top 20 singles and its discography included albums and songs like Being Somebody, X, Thinking It Over, Got to Have Your Love, Just a Little, A Night to Remember, Everybody Cries, Holding On for You, Jumpin, and Doin’ It. Over the years, Michelle Heaton has appeared on a number of shows which include the likes of Bo’ Selecta!, Michelle & Andy’s Big Day, Tattoo Fixers Extreme, Popstars, Supersize vs Superskinny, Celebrity Big Brother, You’re a Star, Totally Scott-Lee, Come Dine with Me, The Big Reunion, Brainiac: Science Abuse, and Fáilte Towers.
Michelle Christine Heaton
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Michelle attended the Emmanuel City Technology College in Gateshead. She scored 13 GCSEs and an advanced GNVQ in Business Studies.
Later, she got enrolled at the Newcastle College of Performing Arts and graduated with an HND in Drama and Performing Arts.
Singer, Actor, Television Personality, Personal Trainer
- Father – Chris Heaton
- Siblings – David Heaton (Younger Brother)
Michelle Heaton has been represented by –
- Ali Parry Music Management and PR
- Keddie Scott Associates LTD, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Virgin Records, V2 Records, Island Records
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Michelle Heaton has dated –
- Duncan James (2002) – English singer of the boy band Blue Duncan James and Michelle were a couple in April 2002. She hinted at dating him when she admitted in an interview to kissing James who is a homosexual. Duncan, who is a self-confessed bisexual, joked that kissing her turned him gay.
- Andy Scott-Lee (2002-2008) – Michelle and the Welsh singer Andy Scott-Lee of the boy band 3SL hooked up for the first time in 2002. They tied the knot in a Winter Wonderland-themed wedding in 2006 which was broadcast on the ITV channel as Michelle and Andy’s Big Day. However, the couple got divorced in 2008. Andy made allegations that she cheated on him with several guys and her infidelity had ruined their marriage. Michelle admitted to being unfaithful to Andy during their short stint as husband and wife. She confessed to kissing a guy while on a holiday in Marbella, Spain in 2007 but vehemently denied other allegations made by Andy.
- Matt Di Angelo (2008) – Michelle was rumored to have cheated on then-husband Andy with actor Matt Di Angelo. According to reports, she spent 2 nights with the EastEnders actor in a Dublin hotel.
- Lee Sharpe (2008) – Lee Sharpe was one of the celebrities that Michelle was accused of hooking up with during her first marriage to Andy Scott-Lee. Also, according to Digital Spy, Michelle was seen cuddling with the ex-footballer at a charity event close to her split with Andy. Michelle, however, rubbished these rumors as pure fabrications.
- Liam McGough – Michelle and Liam McGough were rumored to have hooked up after Andy Scott-Lee allegedly found incriminating texts on Michelle’s phone proving her indiscretions. Both the involved parties denied these allegations.
- Armando Riesco – Another of Michelle’s rumored hook-up is actor Armando Riesco. However, nothing more substantial is known about their time together.
- Ben Adams (2009) – Popstar Ben and Michelle were fellow contestants on the show Celebrity Big Brother in 2009. They were seen flirting with each other on the reality show with housemates commenting on their friendly equation. However, Michelle cleared the air stating that Ben reminded her of her ex-husband Andy and hence, they clicked instantly.
- Hugh Hanley (2008-Present) – Michelle and Irish businessman Hugh Hanley first got together in 2008. They got married in the Bahamas on July 20, 2010, after dating for 2 years. The couple welcomed their first child, a girl named Faith Michelle Hanley (b. January 2012). Two years later, their son Aaron Jay Hanley was born on February 28, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
- Green eyes
- Tapered chin
- Small tattoos on her body
Michelle has done endorsement work for Kit Kat Chocolate (2009) and many others on her social media channels.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the pop group Liberty X from 2001 to 2007
- Undergoing a double mastectomy, hysterectomy, and oophorectomy after being diagnosed with the mutated BRCA2 gene
As a member of the pop group Liberty X, her first released album was Thinking It Over in 2002. The album reached the #3 spot on the UK Albums Chart and sold over 1 million copies worldwide.
First TV Show
Michelle made her TV show debut in 2001 on the music, reality talent series Popstars as a contestant.
Michelle is passionate about staying healthy and is always motivated to look her physical best. She reverted back to her toned body after two pregnancies with her acquired knowledge about fitness and training.
Michelle has revealed that she works out 4 to 5 times a week on an empty stomach. She also keeps a tab on her eating habits while allowing herself cheat days. Also, running after 2 young kids keeps her active as she can work out doing chores at home.
She is a certified personal trainer and offers her expertise on her website to women wanting to change their physical appearance.
Michelle Heaton Facts
- Michelle reunited with her Liberty X bandmates for the first time, after their official split in 2007, to perform at a concert in Belfast a year later, in 2008.
- The documentary series The Big Reunion saw her reunite with the ex-bandmates of Liberty X and perform alongside other pop groups of the 1990s and 2000s such as the Atomic Kitten, B*Witched, 911, Honeyz, and Five in October 2012.
- Before auditioning for Pop Stars, she worked as an entertainer at the Baja Beach Club on the Gateshead’s quayside.
- Her long-time friend Katie Price is the godmother of her daughter Faith Hanley.
- She was a contestant on the 6th series of Celebrity Big Brother in 2009. However, her stint on the show was short-lived as she was the 3rd contestant to be evicted.
- Heaton was one of the 5 runner-up contestants on the music reality show Popstars. They decided to form their own band called Liberty. They were signed on by Richard Branson’s record label V2 records.
- However, the presence of another pop R&B band named “Liberty” forced them to look for another band name. They asked the readers of The Sun magazine for possible suggestions. The winning name was X Liberty and they used it as a basis for the official band name ‘Liberty X’.
- Her pop group Liberty X has released 3 albums, Thinking It Over, Being Somebody, and X until they disbanded in 2007. The band was also the recipient of 2 Brit Awards – Best British Single (Just a Little) and Best British Breakthrough Artist.
- Heaton was a regular columnist on the Hotstars section of OK! Magazine from 2004 to 2007.
- Michelle appeared in the fitness DVD titled Liberty X-Toned in 2004.
- Heaton signed a 2-album solo deal in October 2007, with 19 Entertainment shortly after her music group Liberty X disbanded. However, the deal fell through two months later.
- In January 2008, she participated in a documentary The Truth about Binge Drinking, in order to highlight the ill effects of bingeing on alcohol. She consumed 349 units of alcohol in 21 days. As a result of which, her body fat index and liver dysfunction increased more than usual. She had to discontinue sooner as she suffered from heart palpitations and prolonged pins and needles.
- In December 2009, Michelle appeared on the second-season finale of the Irish version of The Apprentice. She appeared as the celebrity guest of Steve Rayner who eventually won the show. During the task of organizing the launch party for the Ford Fiesta car, Michelle’s foot got caught in the sheet while unveiling the car and she tripped on the floor. But luckily, she managed to gather herself and laugh it off.
- Michelle is a fitness fanatic and is a certified FETAC personal trainer and a Premier pre and post-natal qualified trainer with full UK insurance.
- She was a part of the play The Naked Truth as Gabby and toured the UK in 2010 and early 2011.
- In August 2016, Heaton announced that she had joined the group, Atomic Kitten, as a temporary replacement for Liz McClarnon for international gigs as the latter was petrified of flying.
- As a part of Atomic Kitten, Michelle toured Australia and New Zealand with music groups B*Witched, S Club 3, East 17, and Liberty X in February 2017.
- Michelle was diagnosed with a mutated BRCA2 gene in 2012 that put her at the risk of developing breast cancer with 80% chances and ovarian cancer with a 30% chance.
- In November 2012, she underwent a double mastectomy and breast reconstructive surgery. She also underwent a hysterectomy and oophorectomy to lower the chances of developing ovarian cancer.
- During an interview, Michelle mentioned that her daughter Faith stands a 50% chance of inheriting the BRCA2 gene as her father is a carrier of the mutated gene.
- In May 2017, she appeared on Loose Women in a 2-piece swimsuit to reveal her post-op scars and speak about her many surgeries to inspire women and encourage body positivity.
- Due to her multiple operations, she hit menopause almost a decade earlier than most women. She also requires hormone replacement implants in her buttocks every 6 months.
- She has been vocal about her battle with depression since hitting menopause at the age of 35.
- She confessed, in April 2016, to using £2,000 dermal filers to smoothen out her facial features which had deteriorated due to the onset of menopause.
- Visit her official website @ michelleheatonfitness.com.
- Follow her on YouTube, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Michelle Heaton / Instagram