|Mike Fisher Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 5, 1980|
Mike Fisher is a Canadian former professional ice hockey center who is known for playing for the Ottawa Senators and Nashville Predators in the National Hockey League (NHL). He announced his re-retirement on May 12, 2018. The sport-star is also known for his marriage to American singer Carrie Underwood.
Michael Andrew Fisher
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Retired Professional Ice Hockey Player
- Father – Jim Fisher
- Mother – Karen Fisher
- Siblings – Rob Fisher (Brother), Gregory Fisher (Younger Brother) (Professional Ice Hockey Player), Meredith Fisher (Sister)
- Others – David Fisher (Paternal Uncle) (Former chaplain to the Toronto Blue Jays)
Mike Fisher has been represented by Todd Reynolds.
12 – Ottawa Senators, Nashville Predators
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
98 kg or 216 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mike Fisher has dated –
- Carrie Underwood (2008-Present) – Mike Fisher was introduced to singer Carrie Underwood through their mutual friend Mark Childers, the American Idol winner’s bassist. They went on their first official date on New Year’s Eve 2008. About a year later, they got engaged as he proposed to her at his home. After that, they made their first public appearance as a couple in January 2010 at a fundraising event in Gatineau, Canada. Till then, they had kept their relationship away from public glare. They got married in July 2010 in a lavish wedding ceremony held at Ritz-Carlton resort on Lake Oconee, Georgia. In September 2014, it was announced that they were expecting their first child together. In February 2015, she gave birth to a baby boy, Isaiah Michael Fisher. In 2019, the couple had their second child, son Jacob Bryan Fisher.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall and imposing body
- Blue eyes
- Strong Jaw
Fisher is a devout Christian.
Best Known For
- His successful career as an Ice Hockey star during which he tuned out for the Ottawa Senators and the Nashville Predators. Over the course of his 17 years long career, he managed to play more than 1,000 games.
- His high-profile marriage to country music star, Carrie Underwood
First Ice Hockey Match
- Fisher made his professional ice hockey debut in the 1999-2000 season for the Ottawa Senators.
- He made his debut for the Nashville Predators in the 2010-2011 season.
In 2007, he made his theatrical film debut in the minor role of a football coach in the sci-fi action movie, Transformers.
First TV Show
In 2012, Mike Fisher made his first TV show appearance on the talk show, Oprah‘s Next Chapter.
Mike Fisher Facts
- In recognition of his charity work and the positive impact he has had on people of his community, he was honored with NHL Foundation Player Award in 2012.
- In his free time, he organizes and provides guidance at the hockey camps in Ottawa, Kingston, and his hometown of Peterborough. The Hockey Ministries International assists him in hosting these camps.
- While growing up, he honed his skills by turning out in the Peterborough Minor Hockey Association (OMHA).
- He has also worked in the position of guest instructor at the Roger Neilson Hockey Camp.
- When he retired from professional ice hockey in 2017, he achieved the distinction of being the first captain of Nashville Predators to retire with the team.
- In 1988, he was selected by Ottawa Senators as the 44th overall pick in the second round of the NHL draft. They allowed him to play in OHL for one more season.
- In 2017, he collaborated with an international relief organization, Samaritan’s Purse to raise funds for the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
- He has done activism and charity work for Danita’s Children, which is a non-profit organization that works to rescue and support vulnerable and improvised kids.
- Mike and Carrie had celebrated the 2020 Thanksgiving holiday at their home with Jay Cutler as a special guest.
- Mike gifted his wife Carrie, 2 cows, as a Christmas present in December 2020 to be kept in their growing farm in Nashville.
- For his wife Carrie’s 38th birthday in March 2021, Mike had gifted her a t-shirt with the quote – “I Don’t Need Google My Husband Knows Everything”.
Featured Image by Guitarmasta666 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0