Mirai Aileen Nagasu
Her first name Mirai means “future” in Japanese.
Mirai was born on April 16, 1993
Montebello, Los Angeles County, California, USA
In spring of 2007, she graduated from Foothills Middle School in Arcadia, California and subsequently enrolled herself into Arcadia High School in the same area. In 2009, she also took an online high school.
Finally, in June 2011, she graduated from Capistrano Connections Academy.
She also went to University of California, Irvine.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Ikuko Nagasu
- Siblings – None
She is signed to Yuki Saegusa of IMG.
Wendy Olson, Amy Evidente, Christa Fassi, Frank Carroll (former coach), Charlene Wong (former coach), Sandy Gollihugh (former coach)
Cindy Stuart, Adam Rippon, Lori Nichol (former), Susan Austin (former)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 115 pounds
Her dating history is not known.
35-26-35 in or 89-66-89 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
Her shoe size is not known.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Doing figure skating. She is well known in Japan.
In 2008, she appeared in a TV movie McDonald’s Family Tribute on Ice as herself.
Her workout routine and diet plan is not known. Though, she works with her coaches and choreographers listed above.
Mirai Nagasu Favorite Things
- Food – Any food, which is sweet and spicy
- TV Shows – Japanese shows, America’s Next Top Model (2003-), Project Runway (2004-), America’s Best Dance Crew (2008-2012)
- Color – Pink
- Drink – Calpico
- Movie – The Dark Knight (2008)
- Spin – Biellmann spin
- Books – Twilight (By Stephenie Meyer), My Personal Best (By John Wooden), Way of the Peaceful Warrior (By Dan Millman)
- Skater – Mao Asada, Michelle Kwan, Yu-Na Kim (Though, she likes something in almost every skater)
Source – www.figureskatersonline.com
Mirai Nagasu Facts
- She was born in Montebello, but raised in Arcadia, California. She grew up in her family’s Japanese sushi restaurant there.
- She started doing skating at the age of 5.
- In 2009, her mom was diagnosed with thyroid cancer.
- Mirai likes reading and hanging out with friends.
- She has a Chihuahua (world’s smallest) dog.
- Her skating career started at 5, when her parents took her to skating ring, instead of golfing due to rainy weather.
- If she weren’t into skating, she would have been into art, and design or as a food person sampling dishes.
- During 2009 World Figure Skating Championship, she did commentary in Japanese over the television for Fuji TV.
- In her restaurant named “Kiyosuzu”, there is a sushi named after her “Mirai Olympic Roll”.
- As a kid, she held a dual citizenship of Japanese and American.
- She is the 2008 Junior World Bronze Medallist.
- Mirai’s parents are immigrants from Japan.
- She can speak Japanese as well as English.
- Visit her official website @ www.figureskatersonline.com
- Connect with Mirai on Twitter.