|Miriam Gutiérrez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 21, 1983|
|Boyfriend||Joaquin Gomez Martinez|
Miriam Gutiérrez is a Spanish professional boxer who shot to fame after winning the WBA interim female lightweight title in 2019. She was ranked the world’s fifth-best active female lightweight by the leading boxing magazine The Ring in September 2020. Gutiérrez has amassed more than 25k followers on Instagram.
Miriam Gutiérrez Parra
Madrid, Comunidad de Madrid, Spain
5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- She had her oldest daughter named Zaira with her previous partner.
- Joaquin Gomez Martinez – She has been in a relationship with Joaquin Gomez Martinez. They have a son together named Joaquin.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Spanish descent.
- Cheerful smile
- Tattoos on her body
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Chanel.
Miriam Gutiérrez Favorite Things
- Idol Inside The Ring – Katie Taylor
Source – Efe
Miriam Gutiérrez Facts
- She has stated that her nickname Reyna had come from the men at the gym, all her friends and family. She has added that they all have respected her as much as she has loved and respected them, and they have treated her like a queen that had led to her acquiring the nickname.
- Miriam has reflected on her own evolution and how boxing has been an indispensable part of her development. She has believed it important for everybody to have a corner, with her corner both in the ring and in life having been the boxing school, that had helped, protected and nurtured her.
- She has disclosed that she has loved her coach Jero Garcia a lot and looked at him as her brother. In the training sessions, however, he has been her biggest nightmare and has been the most demanding. She has admitted that his strictness and determination has enabled her to reach the level she has wanted to.
- Gutiérrez has pointed out that her coach has discussed his personal successes as well as falls as a lot has to be learned from the falls with boxing, in the end, being all about that. She has added that a single punch can make one go down at any moment, in spite of being very well prepared, and if the right spot is hit, the boxer is on the canvas and the fight is over.
- She has revealed that she has tried to guide herself about her opponent using what is available on YouTube and had some kind of orientation to face her better or to know where she should be hit. However, in the end, all of it has varied with she herself have not fought in the same manner always.
- Miriam has recalled that when she had won the European lightweight championship, her children being minors had not attended the boxing match, and the moment she had returned home with the belt under her arm had been priceless. Her son had wanted to sleep with the belt, and on the next day had stolen it from her in order to take it to school. Her daughter had been overjoyed and would keep looking at it.
Featured Image by Miriam Gutiérrez La Reina / Instagram