Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Miriam Shor studied at the Ferndale High School in Michigan from where she graduated in 1989.
In 1993, she completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in drama from the University of Michigan.
- Father – Francis Shor (Professor)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Molly Shor (Older Sister)
Miriam Shor is represented by PMK*BNC.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Miriam Shor has dated –
- Justin Hagan – Miriam is married to actor Justin Hagan. However, due to her inclination to keep her personal life private, the date of their wedding isn’t known. In 2009, she gave birth to a daughter, Ruby. They welcomed their second daughter, Iris in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Jewish ancestry.
- Strong jawline
- Blue eyes
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 39 (EU)
Miriam Shor has not done any endorsements till now.
She is half Jewish but isn’t very religious.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the leading role of Diana Trout in the comedy drama series, Younger.
- Having played the role of Madelaine True in the Encores! Production of the classic play, The Wild Party in July 2015 along with Sutton Foster.
- Starring in guest roles in the popular TV series Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Rebecca Slater in 2007 and as Fannie Todd in Royal Pains in 2012.
In 1999, she made her theatrical film debut with a minor role in the autobiographical movie, Entropy, which was based on the life of director Phil Joanou.
First TV Show
In 2000, Miriam made her first TV show appearance in the Old Yeller episode of CBS sitcom, Becker as Rosie.
Miriam maintains a very healthy and active lifestyle. She walks for about 2-7 miles daily. She isn’t into gymming since January 2016 and has also given up on going for runs.
When it comes to food, Miriam follows a healthy diet with a focus on veggies and proteins but doesn’t believe in depriving herself of her favorite foods.
Her typical diet plan is like –
- Breakfast – She starts her day with half an order of pancakes with syrup and butter, salad and Halumi eggs from her favorite restaurant.
- Lunch – Tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella salad. She also drinks plenty of water.
- Dinner – Apple and cheddar salad with apple cider vinaigrette. This is followed by 6 pieces of a thin pizza with mushrooms, basil, mozzarella, and olives.
In case of hunger pangs in between meals, Miriam eats a large handful of nuts.
Miriam Shor Favorite Things
- Typical Bar Order – Deeply alcoholic drink with French fries
- TV Guilty Pleasure – Any disaster movie
- Comedy Movie – Young Frankenstein (1974)
- Music Artists – The Ramones, Dolly Parton, The Beatles, and Vivaldi
- Animal – Puppies
- City – New York City
- Restaurant – Café Mogador in New York City
- Music Albums – Bob Marley’s Legend, Patti Smith’s Horses, David Bowie’s Hunky Dory, The Original Muppet Movie album
- Inspirational Women – Lily Tomlin, Judi Dench, Carol Burnett, Linda Emond, and Meryl Streep
Source – Buzz Feed, People, PopMatters
Miriam Shor Facts
- After her parents got divorced when she was 7, she had to bounce between living in Turin with her mother and suburban Detroit with her father.
- During her struggling days, she worked as a waitress at Pizzeria Ono. She also worked as a babysitter to keep herself financially afloat.
- Miriam wanted to become an actress ever since she saw her sister on the stage in the high school production of Hello Dolly.
- Miriam was roped in to star in A Man for All Seasons by her professor while still studying in university.
- Along with English, she is fluent in Italian.
- The first-ever audition she went for was a musical called Hedwig and the Angry Inch, in which she bagged the role of a Croatian ex-drag queen. She was cast in the same role for the Broadway production as well as in the movie by the same name.
- She isn’t on social media.