|Miriam Shor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 25, 1971|
Miriam Shor is an American actor, voice actor, stage artist, and director whose film credits include Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Bedazzled, Entropy, Flushed, Pizza, Let It Snow, Set Set Spike, Lbs., Second Born, Shortbus, That’s What She Said, The Cake Eaters, The Midnight Sky, Puppy Love, Lost Girls, 5 Flights Up, Before/During/After, and Puerto Ricans in Paris. In addition to that, she is also known for her television roles like playing Anna in the drama miniseries Mildred Pierce, Diana Trout in the comedy-drama series Younger, Cheryl Sominsky in the ABC sitcom Then Came You, Mandy Post in the CBS legal and political drama series The Good Wife, Julie Hermann in the NBC sitcom Inside Schwartz, Becca in the ABC sitcom Big Day, Janet Thompson in the CBS drama series Swingtown, Carrie Parsons in the legal thriller series Damages, Cricket Caruth-Reilly in the comedy-drama series GCB, and Erica Haskard in the period spy drama series The Americans.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Miriam Shor studied at the Ferndale High School in Michigan from where she graduated in 1989.
In 1993, she completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in drama from the University of Michigan.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Stage Artist
- Father – Francis Shor (Professor)
- Siblings – Molly Shor (Older Sister)
- Others – Martin R. Shor (Paternal Grandfather), Ethel Ziff (Paternal Grandmother)
Miriam Shor has been represented by PMK*BNC.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Miriam Shor has dated –
- Justin Hagan – Miriam is married to actor Justin Hagan. In 2009, she gave birth to a daughter, Ruby. They welcomed their second daughter, Iris in 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Jewish ancestry. She is of Swedish descent on her mother’s side.
- Strong jawline
- Blue eyes
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
She is half-Jewish but isn’t very religious.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the leading role of Diana Trout in the comedy-drama series, Younger.
- Having played the role of Madelaine True in the Encores! Production of the classic play, The Wild Party in July 2015 along with Sutton Foster.
- Starring in guest roles in the popular TV series Law & Order: Criminal Intent as Rebecca Slater in 2007 and as Fannie Todd in Royal Pains in 2012.
In 1999, she made her theatrical film debut with a minor role in the autobiographical movie, Entropy, which was based on the life of director Phil Joanou.
First TV Show
In 2000, Miriam made her first TV show appearance in the Old Yeller episode of the CBS sitcom, Becker as Rosie.
Miriam maintains a very healthy and active lifestyle. She walks for about 2-7 miles daily. She isn’t into gymming since January 2016 and has also given up on going for runs.
When it comes to food, Miriam follows a healthy diet with a focus on veggies and proteins but doesn’t believe in depriving herself of her favorite foods.
Her typical diet plan is like this –
- Breakfast – She starts her day with half an order of pancakes with syrup and butter, salad, and Halumi eggs from her favorite restaurant.
- Lunch – Tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella salad. She also drinks plenty of water.
- Dinner – Apple and cheddar salad with apple cider vinaigrette. This is followed by 6 pieces of a thin pizza with mushrooms, basil, mozzarella, and olives.
In case of hunger pangs in between meals, Miriam eats a large handful of nuts.
Miriam Shor Favorite Things
- Typical Bar Order – Deeply alcoholic drink with French fries
- TV Guilty Pleasure – Any disaster movie
- Comedy Movie – Young Frankenstein (1974)
- Music Artists – The Ramones, Dolly Parton, The Beatles, and Vivaldi
- Animal – Puppies
- City – New York City
- Restaurant – Café Mogador in New York City
- Music Albums – Bob Marley’s Legend, Patti Smith’s Horses, David Bowie’s Hunky Dory, The Original Muppet Movie album
- Inspirational Women – Lily Tomlin, Judi Dench, Carol Burnett, Linda Emond, and Meryl Streep
Miriam Shor Facts
- After her parents got divorced when she was 7, she had to bounce between living in Turin with her mother and suburban Detroit with her father.
- During her struggling days, she worked as a waitress at Pizzeria Ono. She also worked as a babysitter to keep herself financially afloat.
- Miriam wanted to become an actor ever since she saw her sister on the stage in the high school production of Hello Dolly.
- Miriam was roped in to star in A Man for All Seasons by her professor while still studying at university.
- Along with English, she is fluent in Italian.
- The first-ever audition she went for was a musical called Hedwig and the Angry Inch, in which she bagged the role of a Croatian ex-drag queen. She was cast in the same role for the Broadway production as well as in the movie by the same name.
- Alongside John Cameron Mitchell, Andrea Martin, and Michael Pitt, she co-starred as Yitzhak in the 2001 musical comedy-drama film Hedwig and the Angry Inch. For this role, she won the L.A. Outfest Award for “Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role” as well as got nominated for a Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture” and a Phoenix Film Critic’s Society Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- She brought to life the character of Lorraine in the 2020 mystery drama film Lost Girls. She co-starred in the film along with Amy Ryan, Thomasin McKenzie, Lola Kirke, Oona Laurence, Dean Winters, Reed Birney, Kevin Corrigan, and Gabriel Byrne.
- She isn’t on social media.