|Missy Peregrym Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1982|
Missy Peregrym is a Canadian actress and former fashion model known for playing roles in various TV shows such as Heroes, The Chris Isaak Show, Black Sash, Reaper and also for playing Officer Andy McNally on the ABC and Global TV Network series, Rookie Blue. After making her TV debut in an episode of the cult sci-fi series, Dark Angel, Peregrym guest starred on shows including Smallville and Life as We Know It. She has also modeled for several high-profile brands such as Mercedes-Benz, Sprint Canada, and the Olympics. She is popular on social media where she has more than 100k followers on Instagram and over 160k followers on Twitter.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Missy attended Fleetwood Park Secondary School in British Columbia. Then, she took admission in Aurora College and graduated in 2004.
- Father – Rev. Darrell Peregrym (Minister)
- Mother – Vanessa Peregrym (Housewife)
- Siblings – Cassandra (Sister), Amanda (Sister)
- Others – Steve Peregrym (Paternal Grandfather), Joan Ashton (Paternal Grandmother)
She is represented by Brillstein Entertainment Partners (Talent Management Company), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Missy has dated –
- Brandon Countee (2005-2006) – Missy started dating a writer, producer, and businessman, Brandon Countee, in 2005. They were seen together at numerous award ceremonies including the 58th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards in 2006. After dating for around a year, the couple separated in 2006.
- Ben Roethlisberger (2007-2008) – In late 2007, Missy started dating professional US football quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. They were seen together at various public places when they were dating. After dating for a year, the couple separated in 2008.
- Zachary Levi (2013-2015) – Missy and American actor Zachary Levi started dating in 2013. The couple got married in a surprise ceremony on June 16, 2014, in Maui, Hawaii. However, they eventually drifted apart and decided to end their marriage. The former couple’s last joint public appearance was at the Toronto International Film Festival in September 2014. They officially divorced on December 3, 2014. It was a 4-month long separation, so they separated in April 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Rusyn, English, Scottish, and French-Canadian ancestry.
She prefers to dye her hair ‘blonde’, ‘light brown’, and ‘black’.
- Short hair
- Long chin
- Beauty marks on both cheeks
She has done a number of commercials for –
- Sprint Canada
- Olympic Games
Best Known For
- Her role as Officer Andy McNally on the ABC and Global TV Network series, Rookie Blue (2010–2015)
- Playing roles on various TV shows such as Dark Angel, Heroes, The Chris Isaak Show, Black Sash, and Reaper
- Modeling for many high-profile brands such as Mercedes-Benz, Sprint Canada, and the Olympics
She made her theatrical film debut as Beau-line graphics model in the action adventure crime film, Catwoman, in 2004. However, her role was uncredited.
Missy made her first theatrical film appearance as Haley Graham in the crime drama sports film, Stick It, in 2006.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Hottie Blood on the action drama mystery series, Dark Angel, in 2002.
For her role as a rookie cop ‘Andy McNally’ on ABC’s Rookie Blue, Missy used to workout 3 to 4 times a week. She used to wake up at 7:30 in the morning and play one-on-one full-court basketball for around 45 minutes to an hour at Venice Beach and lose an average of around 400 calories in during the game.
When it comes to diet, she focuses on eating a healthy and clean diet. She mostly tries to consume food that has no added hormones and pesticides but at the same time, she is also not very strict with her diet and satisfies her taste buds every now and then by having a Big Mac or any other fast food.
Post workout, she usually consumes an energy loaded nutritious meal which usually includes a toast with a little bit of olive oil, 2 pieces of turkey bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, a salad with mixed greens, avocados, cucumber, feta cheese, and orange juice.
Missy Peregrym Facts
- Besides acting, she enjoys snowboarding and playing soccer, basketball, and other outdoor sports on the local Vancouver mountains.
- Her family relocated to Surrey after spending some time in Montreal.
- While growing up, she liked calling herself a tomboy and was never a fashion or glamour girl.
- Missy started her professional career with the Lizbell Agency at the age of 18. The agency encouraged her to do more ads & commercials and she gradually ended up modeling for the big brands including Mercedes-Benz, Olympics, and Sprint Canada.
- She also played soccer, lacrosse, and field hockey when she was in high school.
- She has also worked as a high school basketball instructor.
- There were rumors in 2012 that she was a bisexual and had an affair with actress Rachel Skarsten.
- In 2006, Missy took time off her busy schedule to do many philanthropic activities which included providing safe footwear to the deprived communities in South America.
- She has a pet dog named Charly.
- Follow Missy Peregrym on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image bynickon / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0