|Mohamed Hadid Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|November 6, 1948
Mohamed Hadid is a Jordanian-American real estate developer of Palestinian origin who is mainly known for developing and building luxury hotels and mansions, especially in the Bel Air neighborhood of the city of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills in Los Angeles County, California. The high-end real estate developer, father to Gigi, Bella, and Anwar Hadid, has also appeared on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles, and Shahs of Sunset. He has a massive social media fan following with more than a million followers on Instagram and over 200k followers on Twitter.
Mohamed Anwar Hadid
Nazareth, Northern District, Israel
Bel-Air, Los Angeles, California, United States
He went to the North Carolina State University and also attended Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Real Estate Developer
- Father – Anwar Mohamed Hadid (Professor)
- Mother – Khairiah (Daher)
- Siblings – He has 2 brothers and 5 sisters.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mohamed has dated –
- Mary Butler (1991-1992) – Mohamed met his first wife Mary Butler in 1991 and married her after dating for some time. They had 2 daughters together, named, Alana Hadid and Marielle Hadid. However, they officially ended their marriage in 1992.
- Yolanda (née Van den Herik) Hadid (1994-2000) – Hadid started dating Dutch model and a socialite, Yolanda Hadid, in 1994. Soon after, the couple got married and had 3 children together – Gigi Hadid (b.1995), Bella Hadid (b.1996), and Anwar Hadid (b.1999). However, they officially divorced in 2000.
- Joanna Krupa (2001) – After divorcing his wife, Yolanda, Mohamed was rumored to be dating Polish model, Joanna Krupa, in 2001.
- Shiva Safai (2014-Present) – Hadid first met Iranian-born model and businesswoman, Shiva Safai, in Beverly Hills at a posh restaurant Il Pastaio, which is a luxury restaurant where the city’s elite visit and can be seen feasting on the finest Italian dishes. After their first meeting, they connected on Facebook, and to everyone’s surprise, Hadid asked her out on a date. They really came close to each other within no time and decided to finally get engaged in 2015. They can be seen together at many public events.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Palestinian descent.
Dark Brown (Natural)
His hair has turned gray.
- Stunning blue eyes
- Long hair
- Often wears spectacles
He has endorsed Messika Paris and Maybelline New York through his Instagram account.
Though he was born to a Muslim family, he does not consider himself a devout Muslim.
Best Known For
- Building luxury hotels and mansions, especially in the Bel Air neighborhood of the city of Los Angeles and Beverly Hills in Los Angeles County, California
- Appearing on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills as the ex-husband of Housewives star, Yolanda Foster, and also for appearing on the Shahs of Sunset
He made his theatrical film debut as a businessman in the musical drama film Ripple Effect in 2008.
First TV Show
Hadid made his first TV show appearance as himself on the reality show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills in 2010.
Mohamed Hadid Facts
- He began his career dealing in classic cars in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., United States.
- Then, he relocated to Greece and opened a nightclub there on the Greek island of Rhodes. Using the money he had earned from the nightclub, he started expanding his real estate business back in the United States.
- In the 80s, his large sum of money came from the SAAR Foundation, which is a Herndon-based foundation with Saudi roots and the foundation was also a 50-50 partner in several of Hadid’s ventures.
- In the late 1980s, Hadid faced more than 30 lawsuits from creditors and banks for not fulfilling several financial commitments.
- He has dual citizenship of Jordan and the United States.
- He’s often been involved in a financial turmoil. In 1992, Mohamed had to close his local office, surrendered his McLean home to foreclosure, and left Washington during the settlement of a lawsuit by Riggs Bank against Columbia First Bank Chairman, Melvin Lenkin, a Hadid partner in a Washington, D.C.
- In 2010, he established Le Belvedere, a mansion in Bel Air, Los Angeles, which was sold for $50 million and in 2012, he also made The Crescent Palace, a 48,000-square-foot home, which was sold for $58 million.
- At one point, Hadid outmaneuvered Donald Trump as the U.S. president was one of Hadid’s competitors in the real estate business.
- In July 2017, a judgment was passed, according to which, he had to do 200 hours of community service, was ruled to return $14,191 to the City of Los Angeles in damages, and was also imposed a fine of $3,000. Mohamed also got a 3-year mandatory probation period, or he would have faced a 180-day jail sentence.
- He is also a pilot.
- He does not consume alcohol.
- At the age of 43, Hadid represented Jordan in the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville, France, where he took part in the demonstration sport of speed skiing. He was inspired to take part by his friend, Austrian Olympic skier, Franz Weber.
- Hadid continued to exist as the only member of the Jordanian delegation and became the only person to have represented Jordan in the Winter Olympics ever.
- Mohamed is also an artist who sometimes makes self-portraits and painting defining abstract expressionism. In 2012, he also established the Hadid Gallery in Beverly Hills to showcase his artwork.
- He’s good friends with many famous people including Jim Carrey, the Dalai Lama, and Eric Benet.
- On November 6, 2020, on his 72nd birthday, he was joined by his daughters Bella Hadid and Alana Hadid for a lunch at Il Pastaio in Beverly Hills, California.
- Visit his official website @ mohamedhadid.com.
Featured Image by Mohamed Hadid / Instagram