|Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 1949|
|Spouse||Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum|
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is a member of the United Arab Emirates’ ruling Al Maktoum family. He became the Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and the ruler of Dubai in 2006. Since his accession, he has been credited with undertaking radical reforms in the UAE’s government. He launched the ‘UAE Vision 2021’ program in 2010 and is regarded as the key driver behind the growth of Dubai’s status as a global city.
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Mohammed bin Rashid
Al Shindagha, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum was privately tutored in Arabic and Islamic Studies from the age of 4. He did his formal education at Al Ahmedia School, Al Shaab School, and the Dubai Secondary School.
In 1966, he attended the Bell Educational Trust‘s English Language School in the UK. He then trained at the Mons Officer Cadet School in Aldershot, England from where he passed with the ‘sword of honor’ as the top student. He also attained training as a pilot in Italy.
- Father – Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum (Former Ruler of Dubai) (d. 1990)
- Mother – Latifa bint Hamdan Al Nahyan
- Siblings – Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Older Brother) (Politician, Former Vice President of the United Arab Emirates) (d. 2006), Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Younger Brother) (Administrator), Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Older Brother) (Politician, Administrator), Fatima bint Rashid Al Maktoum (Younger Sister), Shaikha bint Rashid Al Maktoum (Sister), Maryam bint Rashid Al Maktoum (Sister), Hassa bint Rashid Al Maktoum (Sister), Latifa bint Rashid Al Maktoum (Sister)
- Others – Alia bint Khalifa bin Saeed al Maktoum (Sister-in-Law), Saeed Al Maktoum (Nephew) (Businessman), Sheikha Hessa (Niece), Sheikha Sheikha bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Niece), Saeed bin Maktoum bin Hasher Al Maktoum (Paternal Grandfather) (Former Ruler of Dubai) (d. 1958), Hessa bent Al-Mor bin Hariz (Paternal Grandmother), Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Ruler of Abu Dhabi) (d. 1922), Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Maktoum (Cousin) (Politician)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has dated –
- Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum (1979-Present) – He married his first cousin on April 26, 1979. The couple has 12 children together – sons Sheikha Hessa (b. 1980), Sheikh Rashid (b. 1981; d. 2015), Sheikh Hamdan (Crown Prince of Dubai) (b. 1982), Sheikh Maktoum (b. 1983), Sheikh Ahmed (b. 1987), Sheikh Saeed (b. 1988), and daughters Sheikha Latifa (b. 1989), Sheikha Maryam (b. 1992), Sheikha Shaikha (b. 1992), Sheikha Futaim (b. 1994), Sheikha Salamah (b. 1999), Sheikha Shamma (b. 2001).
- Haya bint Hussein (2004-2019) – He married the daughter of King Hussein of Jordan on April 10, 2004. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Al-Jalila (b. December 2, 2007) and a son named Zayed (b. January 7, 2012). Haya is the first female to represent Jordan in international equestrian sport and was featured in the 2000 Summer Olympics in show jumping. In 2019, the pair separated after she went into hiding in London with her children, alleging infidelity.
Note – Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has a total of 30 children, from at least 6 wives. However, the names of some of his wives are not publicly revealed.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Emirati descent.
- Wears spectacles
- Salt and pepper beard
- Always makes appearances in the traditional Kandura dress
Islam (Sunni Sect)
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Favorite Things
- Books – The Story of My Experiments With Truth (1948) by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, The Prophet (1923) by Kahlil Gibran, War and Peace (1869) by Leo Tolstoy
- Hobbies/Interests – Traveling, Horse Riding, Writing Poetry
Source – Facebook
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Facts
- He has been credited with overseeing the development of several key projects and landmarks in Dubai, including Dubai Internet City, Dubai International Finance Centre, Palm Islands, and the iconic Burj Khalifa.
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is an avid horse racing enthusiast and has founded the family-owned Godolphin racing stable. He also owns Darley Stud, the world’s largest thoroughbred horse-breeding that works across 6 countries.
- In 2012, he rode 100 miles on a horse named Madji Du Pont to win the FEI World Endurance Championship.
- In 1971, he became the first Minister of Defence of the newly formed nation of UAE.
- He has been chiefly and directly responsible for the creation and growth of several businesses and economic assets in Dubai, most of which are owned by two of his companies, Dubai World and Dubai Holding.
- He is also the brains behind the development of the Dubai International Airport and the famous Emirates Airlines.
Featured Image by World Economic Forum / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0
my mr.babul hossain +8801712617169