|Mr. Lawrence Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1969|
|Spouse||Mary Ann Lawrence|
Mr. Lawrence is an American animator, screenwriter, and voice actor who is primarily recognized for animating and voicing the role of the character Sheldon J. Plankton on the iconic comedy TV series SpongeBob SquarePants. He is also noted for being the writer, storyboard artist, and episode director for the Nickelodeon animated TV series Rocko’s Modern Life (1993-1996).
Douglas Lawrence Osowski
Mr. Lawrence, Doug, Biff
East Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
Burbank, California, United States
Mr. Lawrence studied at The Kubert School in Dover, New Jersey.
Animator, Writer, Voice Actor, Comedian
- Father – Larry Osowski (Businessman)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mr. Lawrence has dated –
- Mary Ann Lawrence
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Polish descent.
- Center-parted neck length hair
- Wears glasses
- Dimpled smile
- Oval-shaped face
- Slender frame
Mr. Lawrence Favorite Things
- Animated Characters To Voice – Sheldon J. Plankton from SpongeBob SquarePants
- Cartoonist – Charles M. Schulz
Mr. Lawrence Facts
- Mr. Lawrence began his career as a layout assistant for the Nickelodeon animated TV series, The Ren and Stimpy Show (1992-1993).
- Apart from portraying Sheldon J. Plankton for the animated TV series SpongeBob SquarePants, he has also voiced several recurring characters such as Potty the Parrot (season 10 onwards), the Realistic Fish Head, and Larry the Lobster for the show. He also started writing the show’s plot in season 10. From 2001 to 2015, he voiced these characters for multiple editions of the SpongeBob SquarePants video game franchise – starting from the 2001 original version, SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge.
- Mr. Lawrence designed and drew the cover for the singer “Weird Al” Yankovic‘s 1993 compilation album titled The Food Album.
- For Rocko’s Modern Life (1993-1996), he won the “Best Animated Programming Special or Series” at the 1995 CableACE Awards.
- For the 2003 TV series Johnny Talk, he put on several hats, working as the producer, animator, cartoonist, and writer-director of the show.
- Mr. Lawrence is also a standup comedian and has performed shows in cities like New Jersey and Los Angeles, where he has collaborated with the comedian Jeremy Kramer and comedy writer Martin Olson.
- For the Cartoon Network animated series Camp Lazlo (2005-2008), Mr. Lawrence again gave life with his voice to several characters such as Edward T. Platypus, Nurse Leslie, Dave, and Ping-Pong.
- In 2011, he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for the TV series SpongeBob SquarePants in the “Outstanding Short-Format Animated Program” category.
- From 2012 to 2014, he was part of the action-comedy musical TV series The Aquabats! Super Show!, where he voiced the characters of ManAnt and the Announcer.
- He served as a writer for all 12 episodes of the 2016 short-format animated TV series Mighty Magiswords.
- He has voiced the Plankton characters in 3 live-action animated comedy movies as well – The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004), The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2015), and The SpongeBob Movie: It’s a Wonderful Sponge (2020).
- For his voice acting work in the TV series SpongeBob SquarePants, he won the “Best Vocal Ensemble in a Television Series – Children’s/Educational” award at the 2013 BTVA Television Voice Acting Awards.
- For the 2015 live-action film The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water, Mr. Lawrence won the “Best Vocal Ensemble in a Feature Film” award at the 2016 BTVA Feature Film Voice Acting Awards.
- Apart from voicing various characters in SpongeBob SquarePants, he has also worked as a writer from 1999 to 2002 and then from 2009 onwards. Plus, he also started serving as the story editor in 2016.
Featured Image by Michelle Nakashima / Flickr / CC BY-2.0