|Nadia Ali Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 3, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Nadia Ali is an American singer and songwriter who rose to acclaim as one-half of the New York City-based dance music duo called iiO. The group’s discography consists of albums and tracks such as Rapture, Poetica, At the End, Is It Love?, Runaway, Rapture 2007, Kiss You, Smooth, and It’ll Be Like. In 2005, Nadia Ali started her career as a solo artist and has since released albums and songs like Embers, Crash and Burn, Love Story, Fantasy, Fine Print, Pressure (with Starkillers and Alex Kenji), When It Rains, and 3, 2, 1 (with Michael Calfan).
Los Angeles, California, United States
Nadia Ali has been signed with Hashtag Management.
Trance, House, Indie Pop, Vocal Trance
Smile in Bed, Armada Music, Strictly Rhythm, Spinnin’ Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth has been $6 Million.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note – Nadia Ali gave birth to a son in August 2018 and she later revealed that she suffered from postpartum depression for 5 months following his birth.
Race / Ethnicity
Nadia Ali is of Pakistani descent.
She has often dyed her hair.
- Pouty lips
- Distinct voice
Nadia Ali Facts
- She was born to Pakistani parents.
- She grew up in Queens, New York City.
- At the age of 17, Nadia Ali began working in the New York offices of Versace.
- Her iiO groupmate was producer Markus Moser. It was one of her colleagues from Versace who introduced Nadia to Markus Moser.
- iiO released the song Rapture on October 29, 2001, and it peaked at #1 on the UK Dance (OCC) chart, Ireland Dance (IRMA) chart, Australian Club Chart (ARIA) chart, and Australian Dance (ARIA) chart while it peaked at #2 on the US Dance Club Songs (Billboard) chart, at #3 on the US Dance Singles Sales (Billboard) chart, at #17 on the US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard) chart, and at #46 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- With iiO, Nadia Ali released the group’s debut album titled Poetica in March 2005 and it peaked at #17 on the US Top Dance/Electronic Albums (Billboard) chart.
- On September 15, 2009, she released her first solo album Embers through Smile in Bed Records and it included songs like Crash and Burn, Triangle, People, Point the Finger, Silver Lining, Be Mine, Mistakes, and Love Story.
- Nadia Ali has credited alternative, folk, and Pakistani music as her biggest influences while some of her vocal and songwriting influences have been artists like Stevie Nicks, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Madonna, Sade, and Bono.
Featured Image by Reka Nyari / Hashtag Management / CC BY-SA 3.0