|Nadja Auermann Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||March 19, 1971|
Nadja Auermann is a German supermodel who ruled the fashion scene in the 1990s. Her steely blue gaze and long legs made her one of the most sought-after models of her time and catapulted her into international fame. She has walked for the best designers in the world and campaigned for high-end brands all over the globe. Her daughter Cosima Auermann is following in her footsteps and is also making a splash in the fashion industry. Auermann shared a close relationship with ace designer Karl Lagerfeld, who is Cosima’s godfather, and considered him her mentor. She has a fan base of more than 32k followers on Instagram.
Dresden, Saxony, Germany
Nadja’s educational background is unknown.
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Christl Auermann (Died in 2002)
- Siblings – She has a sister.
Nadja is represented by –
- VIVA Models Berlin – Berlin (Mother Agency)
- DNA Model Management – New York
- VIVA Model Management – Paris
- Models 1 – London
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Nadja Auermann has dated –
- Olaf Björn Tietz (1995-1997) – Nadja began dating Norwegian screenwriter Olaf Björn Tietz in 1995. She gave birth to their first child, a girl named Cosima Auermann in 1997. Legendary designer Karl Lagerfeld is Cosima’s godfather. Unfortunately for the couple, their romance quickly went downhill and after 2 years together, they called it quits in 1997.
- Wolfram Grandezka (1997-2005) – German actor Wolfram Grandezka caught the fancy of the supermodel next. The two pursued a relationship in 1997 and tied the knot on March 19, 1999, her 28th birthday. The same year on September 19, their son Nicolas Robert Viktor was born. By 2005, however, the couple was headed for divorce and it was finalized the same year.
- Alex Lundqvist – Nadja had an encounter with Swedish model Alex Lundqvist in the past.
- She had her 3rd child in 2010 and a 4th kid in 2013 with her long-time partner who remains unnamed.
Race / Ethnicity
44″ long legs
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
Nadja has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Pirelli Calendar (1995 for the months of January, February, and March)
- Pomellato (Print Ad)
- Luisa Cerano (Print Ad)
- Sand (Print Ad) (2004)
- Jagermeister (2017)
- JWT Vintage (Austrian Airlines)
- Joop! (German luxury fashion and cosmetic brand)
- Shiseido (Japanese personal care company)
Best Known For
- Being one of the most successful models from Germany during the 1990s
- Her long, endless legs which made it into the Guinness Book of Records as the longest legs in the world during her modeling days
- Doing advertising campaigns for fashion giants like Prada, Versace, Karl Lagerfeld, Giorgio Armani, H&M, Donna Karan, Hermès, Cartier, Valentino, and many more
First TV Show
Nadja made her TV show debut in 1996 as a guest on the German talk-show Die Harald Schmidt Show.
When Nadja was starting out as a model in her early 20s, her diet consisted of fish, chicken, and steamed vegetables. To maintain her svelte figure, she would avoid rice, bread, and potatoes. A self-professed sweet tooth, she would treat herself to chocolates once in a while.
Her workout back in the 1990s included badminton, squash, and a night of dancing at the disco, which she considered effective “if you do it right.”
Since then, however, Nadja has turned vegetarian.
Nadja Auermann Facts
- Nadja was discovered at the age of 18 while working at a cafe in her hometown of Berlin in 1989.
- She quickly rose through the ranks and by September 1994, she had made appearances on the cover of elite fashion magazines like Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue. The New York Times labeled this achievement as similar to winning 2 legs of the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing.
- One of the most sought-after models of the 90s, Nadja has walked the runways for designer labels like Versace, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent, Givenchy, Christian Dior, Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Fendi, etc.
- She considers Coco Chanel as her style icon.
- Nadja became well-known for her long pins (44″) and once held the Guinness Book of Records as a model who has the longest legs in the whole world. As of 2017, the said record is held by Russian model Ekaterina Lisina, whose legs measure slightly more than 52 inches.
- Nadja has received copious admiration for her striking body with Guy Trebay, a fashion columnist from The New York Times, describing her beauty as “ice maiden visage and pole vaulter’s legs”.
- Famous designer Valentino compared her physical beauty to yesteryear’s German actress Marlene Dietrich.
- She has also launched her own brand of perfume.
- In May 2011, she was charged with tax evasion for failing to pay her taxes from 1999 to 2002. Auermann argued that she was not residing in Germany during those years as she was tending to her mother’s ill health. She owed the German government €267,000 and in December, the court ordered her to pay €90,000 as fine.
- She has worked with world-renowned photographers like Steven Meisel, Patrick Demarchelier, Helmut Newton, Mario Testino, Peter Lindbergh, etc. Lindbergh considered Nadja as his muse.
- Till date, she has graced more than 100 magazine covers. These include the German, American, French, British, and Italian editions of Vogue, Esquire, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, W, and i-D.
- Nadja has appeared in music videos for Madonna in the song Human Nature (1995) and in George Michael‘s song Too Funky in 1992.
- Follow Nadja Auermann on Instagram.
Featured Image by Manfred Werner / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0