|Nana Patekar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1951|
Nana Patekar is an Indian actor and director known for his work majorly in Hindi Cinema and Marathi Cinema as well. He is popular for his dialogue delivery and quintessential laughing style. Nana has won the National Award for his work and has also been honored with a Padma Shri award. Some of the well-known films where he has appeared are Angaar (1992), Parinda (1989), Apaharan (2005), and many others. He has done more than 70 films. In 2018, Nana Patekar was caught in the infamous #MeToo movement where an actress Tanushree Dutta accused Nana of s*xual harassment on the sets of their film Horn ‘Ok’ Pleassss (2009).
Murud-Janjira, Raigad, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
He did his graduation from Sir J.J. Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai.
Actor, Writer, Filmmaker, Social Worker, Philanthropist, Singer
- Father – Gajanan Patekar
- Mother – Nirmala Patekar
- Siblings – Ashok Patekar (Brother), Dilip Patekar (Brother)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nana Patekar has dated –
- Neelakanti Patekar (1978-Present) – Nana and Neelakanti married each other in the year 1978 but they don’t live together. They have a son together named Malhar Patekar.
- Manisha Koirala (1996) – Nana and Manisha dated in the year 1996 but later parted ways.
- Ayesha Jhulka (1996-1997) – Nana and Ayesa had dated in the year 1996 and parted ways in 1997.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Marathi ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- Terrific acting skills
- Salt and pepper beard
Nana has been a part of commercials for brands like –
- Vikram Lion Tea
Nana is an atheist but celebrates Ganapati Puja due to the tradition in his family.
Nana Patekar Favorite Things
- Co-Stars – Jackie Shroff, Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Anil Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor
- Restaurant – April Rain
- Dish – Prawns
Source – YouTube, IndiaPages.in
Nana Patekar Facts
- He was sent to his aunt’s house to stay when he was young due to his naughty behavior.
- Before entering the film industry, Nana did a lot of odd jobs like zebra crossing painting, movie poster painting, etc.
- He did Marathi theatre before coming in films and was a part of plays like Hamidabaichi Koti and Purush.
- Nana also worked in an advertising agency in the past.
- He gives the credit for his break to actress Smita Patil as she was the one who brought him from Pune to Mumbai.
- Nana lost his father at the age of 28 and he also lost his son 2 years after that.
- He criticized the Filmfare awards jury before he himself won an award for his performance in the film Krantiveer in 1995.
- He was involved in the “Citizen of Peace” movement in the 1992 Mumbai riots.
- Shivsena leader Bal Thackeray told Nana Patekar to join politics but Nana did not want to associate himself with any political party.
- Nana has also served in the army during the Kargil War and for the film Prahaar (1991), he underwent army training for 3 years. He also holds the rank of Captain.
- Nana has done playback singing for his film Yeshwant (1997) and Wajood (1998).
- He met his wife Neelkanti while he was doing Marathi theatre.
- Nana is a great cook and once cooked food for more than 150 people.
- He is very down to earth person and donates a lot of money to the farmers. He also goes to meet his friends at a local bar in Mahim.
- Nana celebrates his son’s birthday in an orphanage.
- He was a chain smoker till the age of 56, then he quit.
- He made his debut as a producer in the film Natsamrat in 2016.
- As of January 2020, he is the only actor to have won the Filmfare award in the “Best Actor”, “Supporting Actor”, and “Best Villain” category.
- He ventured into TV commercials almost 40 years after making his debut.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-3.0