|Rachel Nichols Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1980|
Rachel Nichols is an American actress and model who is best known for her important portrayal of Jessica Matthews in Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003), Rachel Gibson in Alias (2005–2006), Lisa in The Amityville Horror (2005), Gaila in Star Trek (2009), and as Shana O’Hara in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009). Besides that, she has appeared in a number of other notable shows and films such as The Woods (2006), P2 (2007), Conan the Barbarian (2011), Rage (2014), Inside (2016), Criminal Minds (2010-2011), Continuum (2012-2015), The Librarians (2017-2018). Nevertheless, Rachel has also been nominated for many cherished awards such as the Teen Choice Award, MTV Movie Award, and a Saturn Award. With time, Rachel has amassed a huge fan base with more than 50k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Rachel Emily Nichols
Augusta, Maine, United States
Rachel studied at Cony High School in Augusta, Maine. Later, she went on to study psychology and drama at Columbia University in New York. She also attained a double major in the subject of mathematics and economics.
- Father – Jim Nichols (School Teacher)
- Mother – Alison Nichols
- Siblings – Hunter J Nichols (Younger Brother)
- Others – Byron Barrett Nichols (Paternal Grandfather), General Haverlock Nichols (Paternal Great Grandfather), Lila May Paddock (Paternal Great Grandmother), Emilie D’Auteuil (Paternal Grandmother), Raoul D. Auteuil (Paternal Great Grandmother), Zoraide Pelletier (Paternal Great Grandmother), Joseph Pelletier (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Emilie Ouellette (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), Ronald Rossi Bielli (Maternal Grandfather), Mario Angelo Bielli (Maternal Great Grandfather), Sophia Elizabeth Rossi (Maternal Great Grandmother), Serafino Bielli (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Matilda Galli (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Severino Rossi (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Marie Louise Kaufmann (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Rachel Dell Templeton (Maternal Grandmother), Neal Ephraim Templeton (Maternal Great Grandfather), Alice Mildred McKinstry (Maternal Great Grandmother), Ulysses Grant Templeton (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Sadie Maud Pray (Maternal Great Great Grandmother), Morton McKinstry (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Candace Adelle Johnson (Maternal Great Great Grandmother)
Rachel is represented by –
- Management 360
- Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher LLP.
- United Talent Agency
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachel has dated –
- Scott Stuber (2008-2009) – Rachel wedded head of original films Netflix and film producer Scott Stuber on July 26, 2008, in Aspen, Colorado. Soon after their wedding, it was revealed that they had been planning to build a home for themselves in Cabo San Lucas. However, not much is known why but the couple went their separate ways in February 2009, just 7 months after their marriage.
- Michael Kershaw (2013-Present) – On December 30, 2013, Rachel got engaged to her long-time beau Michael Kershaw who is a real estate developer. Without further ado, the couple got married the following year in September 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Rachel has English and French-Canadian ancestry on her father’s side and Italian, German, Northern Irish, and Scottish ancestry on her mother’s side.
She prefers to dye her hair dark brown.
- Wavy hair
- Beautiful sparkly eyes
- Plush lips
- Wide smile
Rachel Nichols has done endorsement work for several brands such as –
- Abercrombie & Fitch
Best Known For
- Being cast as Jessica Matthews in Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003), Rachel Gibson in Alias (2005–2006), Lisa in The Amityville Horror (2005), Gaila in Star Trek (2009), and as Shana O’Hara in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)
- Starring in various other hit shows and films such as The Woods (2006), P2 (2007), Conan the Barbarian (2011), Rage (2014), Inside (2016), Criminal Minds (2010-2011), Continuum (2012-2015), The Librarians (2017-2018)
- Modeling for various high-end brands and designers such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Guess, L’Oréal, Nicole Miller
- Being featured on the cover of many highly regarded magazines such as Maxim and Elle
- Earning a spot on Maxim’s 2001 “Swimsuit” issue
- Her work alongside various well-known stars such as Richard Gere, Winona Ryder, Bruce Campbell, Nicolas Cage, David Morse, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans, Karolína Kurková, Morgan Freeman, and Jennifer Garner
- Being nominated for various regarded awards such as the Teen Choice Award, MTV Movie Award, and a Saturn Award
Rachel made her debut theatrical film appearance as a “Model at Bar” in Autumn in New York in 2000. She was cast alongside well-known actors Richard Gere, Winona Ryder, and Anthony LaPaglia.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Alexa in S*x and the City in 2002. She appeared alongside the stars of the show Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon.
As of May 2008, Rachel was training under the guidance of personal trainer Valerie Waters. For her role as Shana O’Hara in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009), Valerie had changed her daily workout routine to a 3-week full-body circuit workout.
As for her diet, she once stated that she had an uncontrollable sweet tooth and craved cookies and chips all the time. She also finds it difficult to maintain a strict diet. As for her cheat sweet meals, she relishes smaller quantities of chocolate licorice, Gummy Bears, chocolate skim milk, chocolate rice cakes, and berries with a little bit of chocolate syrup.
Rachel Nichols Favorite Things
Sparkling Water Brand – Vichy Catalan
Source – Instagram
Rachel Nichols Facts
- She spent part of her early years in Augusta, Maine, before moving to New York to pursue her further studies.
- During her childhood years, she found it difficult to keep control of her legs and arms. However, through years of specific dance practice, she finally managed to take control of them. In an interview, Rachel also stated that her mother would often say that she was a late bloomer.
- It was a doctor who had sown a cut on her forehead which she had gotten in a bicycle accident. Her doctor at the time also told her that in order to avoid a scar on her forehead, he would sew it up in 10 stitches so that Rachel could become a model when she grew up.
- Besides acting, Rachel is also skilled in the field of economics, mathematics, and psychology. While doing her degree, she had aimed to be an analyst at Wall Street.
- It had never occurred to Rachel that she would be spotted by a modeling agent while having lunch during her college days. The agent presented her with the opportunity to work in Paris which, she happily accepted.
- She paid her university fees with the income that she made from modeling.
- As an international model, she worked with various brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, Guess, and L’Oréal. Besides that, she also walked for well-known fashion designer Nicole Miller.
- She was titled the “Yahoo! Model of the Month” in September 2000. Rachel was also placed on Maxim magazine’s list of “Hot 100 Women of 2003” at #28.
- Rachel was featured in Maxim’s 2001 “Swimsuit” issue.
- In the past, she hosted a variety of specials on MTV.
- In 2008, Rachel told The Morning Sentinel that she had “hung up her modeling shoes.” Further, she wanted to move on to doing endorsements.
- Rachel was 20 years old when she made her debut as an actress in the hit romantic drama film Autumn in New York in the year 2000. She was featured as a model in the film as well.
- She was quite an athletic child during her schooling years and she even took part in various high jump events.
- In an interview in 2008, she stated that she would be the best fit for a sunscreen commercial or endorsement as she always applied at least, 2 layers of it on a daily basis.
- Prior to her marriage with Scott, she was asked to dye her hair red for her portrayal in Star Trek and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009). However, for her wedding ceremony, she let her hair turn blonde naturally.
- She has appeared in the music video for Bon Jovi‘s All About Lovin’ You (2003).
- On her Instagram handle, Rachel had mentioned that she had lost a bet and due to that, she had to keep her name as “Tickle Nichols” forever.
- She and well-known journalist Rachel Nichols, share the same first and last name. However, they are not related in any way.
- Rachel has a female rescue dog named Lolo and she also has an Instagram account.
- She and English actor and singer Sam Riley were born on the same date.
- In order to execute an intimate scene on Conan The Barbarian (2011), a body double for Rachel Nichols was hired.
- She was the green girl in Star Trek (2009).
- Rachel was chosen to replace actress Jennifer Garner on the Alias as Jennifer at the time was pregnant. However, the show was canceled in November 2005.
- In her free time, Rachel enjoys going windsurfing and sailing. She also loves to watch boxing matches.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image By Tickle Nichols / Instagram