|Nathan Parsons Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1988|
Nathan Parsons is an American actor and dancer born in Australia, best known for his role of Ethan Lovett in the ABC Network’s daytime TV series General Hospital starting in 2009. He left the show in early 2012 but came back to reprise his role in 2013 and 2015. He starred in a TV series Bunheads in 2012 as a character Godot but only appeared in 7 out of 18 episodes of the show, as it was canceled after one season. In 2014, Nathan was cast in a CW’s The Originals TV series (2014-2017) as a werewolf, Jackson Kenner, alongside Phoebe Tonkin, Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Claire Holt, Danielle Campbell, and others. He also appeared as a vampire named James in the last season of True Blood (2014). On March 5, 2018, he was cast as Max Evans in a TV series named Roswell, New Mexico, which started premiering in 2019. As a dancer, Nathan was a part of Boom Kat Dance Theatre, a non-profit dance company.
Nathan Dean Parsons
- Austin, Texas, United States
- Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
Despite being born in Australia, Nathan moved to Los Angeles, California, USA, in 2006, to attend the University of Southern California and study at their Bachelor of Fine Arts Acting program.
Unfortunately, he dropped out only a year and a half into his education because he landed in his first acting role.
- Father – Unknown (Civilian Supervisor in Military)
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Robert Parsons (Older Brother), Jared Parsons (Younger Brother)
Nathan is represented by –
- Innovative Artists in Santa Monica, California, United States
- Creative Partners Group in Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nathan has been connected to some of his co-stars which were mostly rumors, but he prefers to keep his dating history private.
Race / Ethnicity
Nathan is of Australian descent.
- Athletic, tall physique
- Stubble facial hair
- Medium to long haircut
He hasn’t done any brand endorsements yet.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Jackson Kenner on CW’s TV series named The Originals (2014-2017)
- His early career movie named Teeth (2007) where he portrayed a character named Soda Spritzer
- Appearing in General Hospital, a TV series that aired from 2009 to 2015 in which he played Ethan Lovett or Ethan Spencer
- Appearing for 2 seasons on Once Upon a Time (2017-2018)
- Acting in Roswell, New Mexico, a TV series that started airing in 2019, where he played the role of Max Evans
He made his theatrical film debut as Soda Spritzer in the comedy-horror film Teeth in 2007.
First TV Show
Nathan’s first on-screen TV show appearance was in an episode of State of Georgia in 2011, where he played the role of Doug.
As a child voice-actor, he lent his voice to Jean in Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water anime TV series in 1990 and 1991.
Nathan Parsons Favorite Things
- Activities – Dancing, Rock Climbing, Hiking, Lacrosse, Football, Soccer, Yoga, Scuba Diving
- Dancing Style – Tap
- Quote – “The worst they can ever tell you is no.”
- Animal – Horse, Dog
- Sexiest Qualities In A Girl – Two-Stepping, Riding a Horse
Nathan Parsons Facts
- Despite being born in Adelaide, Australia, he grew up in Colorado and Texas, USA.
- Nathan was inclined to dancing since an early age and became a member of Boom Kat Dance Theatre, a non-profit Santa Monica-based dance company. Miles Memorial Playhouse became their resident company following a large success of their play named NeverWonderland.
- He has a dog named Charlie.
- Nathan was a child actor and focused on doing voice-overs for Japanese anime TV series, mostly for ADV Films. He had a lead role in Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water (1990-1991) as Jean, took part in Soul Hunter (1999), Jing: King of Bandits (2002), and Devil Lady (1998).
- Nathan also appeared in movies such as Teeth (2007) as Soda Spritzer, The Brotherhood V: Alumni (2009) as Holden Williams and The Roommate (2011) where he played a coffee shop cashier before his breakthrough as an actor, which was General Hospital series starting in 2009.
- He initially auditioned for a different role on General Hospital (2009-2015) but was not cast. The showrunners created a new character for him specifically, and he had a debut as a con artist named Ethan Lovett on January 30, 2009. He worked alongside the multi-Daytime Emmy Award-winner, Anthony Geary.
- Nathan cites Anthony Geary, his on-screen father, as his real-life inspiration and someone he seeks guidance from.
- In December 2011, Nathan decided not to renew his contract with General Hospital TV series that was about to expire. His storyline wasn’t closed by the director so that he could return to the show in the future if the opportunity presented itself. He returned to the show as Ethan Lovett for the 50th Anniversary Celebration in April 2013 for 2 days of air time, and once again reprised his character role in July 2015 for 2 episodes.
- In 2012, Nathan was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award in the category of “Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series” for his portrayal of Ethan Lovett. He did not win but presented the award to his on-screen father in the show, Anthony Geary, and in return, Antony acknowledged Nathan in his acceptance speech.
- Bunheads (2012-2013) TV series brought further recognition to his acting chops, ever since his debut episode named Money for Nothing on July 16, 2012, as a character named Godot. He appeared in first 7 episodes, as the series lasted for one season only. ABC Family Network announced the last episode would air on February 25, 2013.
- He replaced the actor Luke Grimes in the final season of True Blood TV series in 2014, in the role of a vampire named James. The reason behind the switch was the gay s*x scene Luke wasn’t comfortable filming because of his religious background. Nathan’s co-stars were well-known actors such as Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Ryan Kwanten, Alexander Skarsgård, Deborah Ann Woll, and others.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Nathan Parsons / Twitter