|Nelson Piquet Jr. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¾ in|
|Date of Birth||July 25, 1985|
Nelson Piquet Jr. is a Brazilian professional racing driver and TV personality. He is best known as a Formula E champion in the 2014-2015 season.
Nelson Angelo Tamsma Piquet Souto Maior
Nelson Piquet Jr., Nelsinho
Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Until the age of 16, when he decided to pursue his racing career, Nelson attended the American School of Brasília in Brasília, DF, Brazil.
Professional Racing Driver, TV Personality
- Father – Nelson “The Cat” Piquet (3-Times Formula One World Champion, TV Personality)
- Mother – Sylvia Tamsma, Viviane Leão (Stepmother)
- Siblings – Kelly Piquet (Younger Sister) (Social Media Star), Julia Yasmeen Piquet (Younger Sister)
- Others – Geraldo (Half-Brother) (Professional Cyclist), Laszlo (Half-Brother) (Professional Racing Driver), Rodrigo Piquet (Nephew) (3-time Brazilian Kart Champion), Penélope Piquet (Niece), Pedro (Half-Brother) (Professional Racing Driver), Marco (Half-Brother)
Nelson Piquet Jr. is represented by Blackcastle Sport Management (Manager) in Mayfair, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 9¾ in or 177 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nelson Piquet Jr. has dated –
- Bia Anthony (2002-2005)
- Helena Bordon (2005-2007)
- Nina Lucas (2007)
- Poliana Soares (2007)
- Gabriela Constantino (2007-2008)
- Carolina Alves de Queiroz (2011-2012)
- Virgilia Landrain (2015)
- Mónika Kócsó (2017) – Rumor
- Gabriella Borges
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Latino and White)
He is of Brazilian descent on his paternal side and of Dutch descent on his maternal side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
Nelson Piquet Jr. has endorsed brands such as –
- Piquet Kart
- Casa Lençóis
- Portal dos Lençóis
- Drink B
- Filadélfia Shop & Brasa
- Orlebar Brown
- Marcelo Canalli
- 39 Monte Carlo
He has also supported organizations such as Grupo Miau AuAu and WWF.
He is religious.
Nelson Piquet Jr. Favorite Things
- Car He Owned – Mercedes-AMG C63
- Movie – Cool Runnings (1993)
- Singer – Frank Sinatra
- Superhero – Iron Man
- Racing Movies – Le Mans (1971), Days of Thunder (1990), Rush (2013)
- Racing TV Series – Formula 1: Drive to Survive
- Documentary – The Cove (2009)
- Suits Brand – Tommy Hilfiger
Source – Drive Tribe, USA Today, Mandarino Oriental, YouTube
Nelson Piquet Jr. Facts
- He was born in Germany but grew up in Monaco with his mother because his parents separated shortly after his birth.
- At the age of 8, he moved to Brasília, DF, Brazil, to live with his father.
- His mother speaks 8 languages.
- He began his career in Brazilian karting in 1993, where he stayed until 2001.
- Due to his father’s wealth and prominence, he was able to race for his team, PiquetSports, instead of seeking sponsorships or joining another. This lasted until he left GP2 for Formula One in 2007, becoming Renault Formula One’s official test and reserve driver.
- Nelson won the 2004 British Formula 3 Championship at the age of 19 years and 2 months, making him the youngest driver to do so.
- He is an avid skydiver.
- Between 2017 and 2019, he competed in Formula E driving for Panasonic Jaguar Racing. At every ePrix in the 2018-2019 season, he was outmatched by his teammate, Mitch Evans.
- After Sanya ePrix in the 2018-2019 season, Nelson left Panasonic Jaguar Racing and was replaced by Alex Lynn.
- He eats a lot of fruits and vegetables, fish, and lean meat. He has reduced the consumption of dairy and red meat over the years and also avoids alcohol 10 days before a race.
- Nelson still goes karting regularly in his time off because it helps him stay sharp.
- His 1st car was a BMW 323 Compact Sport which he drove in Brasília, DF, Brazil. He also drove modified versions of BMW M2 and BMW M140i.
- Nelson owns a 1987 Chevrolet G20 van. It took him 2 years to customize it with a full sound system and a TV.
- In 2018, the car he drove most often was Jaguar F-PACE SUV.
- He has a dog named Bob Gru.
- Nelson is a big collector of memorabilia and wristwatches. He has more than 500 Diecast car models and collects helmets. Some of the drivers he has helmets from are Fernando Alonso, Alain Prost, Jean Alesi, Emerson Fittipaldi, and Rubens Barrichello.
- His worst habit is biting his nails.
Featured Image by Liviacastrioto / Wikipedia / Public Domain