|Rubens Barrichello Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 23, 1972|
Rubens Barrichello is a Brazilian professional racing driver who competed in the Formula One Championship from 1993 to 2011 and is best known for his near-invincible partnership with Michael Schumacher which led Ferrari to the F1 World Constructors’ Championship every year from 2000 to 2004. On an individual level, he had finished the championship as a runner-up in 2002 and 2004 and had stood 3rd in 2001 and 2009. In the last of those years, he was instrumental in another Constructors’ Championship triumph, this time for Brawn GP F1 Team. Before joining F1, he had won the Formula Opel Lotus Euroseries in 1990, the British Formula 3 Championship in 1991, and the Formula One Indoor Trophy in 1993. He had also finished as a runner-up at the Formula Opel Lotus Nations Cup (1990) and stood in 3rd place at the Brazilian Formula Ford series 1600 (1989) and the International Formula 3000 series (1992). Post his F1 career, he primarily competed in the Stock Car Brasil series, winning the championship in 2014 and finishing as a runner-up in 2016.
Rubens Gonçalves Barrichello
São Paulo, São Paulo State, Brazil
São Paulo, São Paulo State, Brazil
Professional Racing Driver
- Father – Rubens Barrichello Sr.
- Mother – Idely Barrichello (née Gonçalves dos Santos)
- Siblings – Renata Barrichello (Sister)
- Others – Rubens Barrichello (Paternal Grandfather), Izaura (Maternal Grandmother)
111 – Stock Car Brasil series
Formula One Teams
Rubens has raced for –
- Sasol Jordan (1993)
- Sasol Jordan Hart (1994)
- Total Jordan Peugeot (1995)
- Benson & Hedges Total Jordan Peugeot (1996)
- HSBC Malaysia Stewart Ford (1997)
- HSBC Stewart Ford (1998-1999)
- Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro (2000-2005)
- Lucky Strike Honda Racing F1 Team (2006)
- Honda Racing F1 Team (2007-2008)
- Brawn GP F1 Team (2009)
- AT&T Williams (2010-2011)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rubens has dated –
- Silvana Giaffone (1996-2019) – Rubens began dating Silvana Giaffone in 1996 and they got married on February 24, 1997. They have 2 sons together named Eduardo Barrichello (b. September 23, 2001) (Racing Driver) and Fernando Barrichello (b. 2005). After more than 2 decades of wedlock, the couple got divorced in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent on his father’s side and Portuguese descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Side-parted, short-cropped hair
- Often sports a light stubble
Rubens Barrichello Facts
- He shares his first name with both his father and paternal grandfather. Hence, to differentiate, he was nicknamed Rubinho (Portuguese for ‘Little Rubens’). Interestingly, he also shares his birthdate, May 23, with his father.
- In 2010, he became the first driver to mark 300 entries in an F1 career and as of June 2020, he held the record for most race starts (322) in the championship’s history as well as the record for the ‘Fastest Average Lap Speed (Pole Position)’ which was recorded at 260.395 km/h (161.802 mph) during the 2004 Italian GP.
- Other than Michael Schumacher, he has also been a teammate of former F1 World Champions Jacques Villeneuve, Fernando Alonso, and Lewis Hamilton.
- For competing in the Stock Car Brasil series, he was forced to pick 111 as his car number as his lucky number, 11, was already taken.
- In February 2018, he was diagnosed with a benign tumor after frequent complaints of headaches. The tumor was later removed after emergency surgery.
Featured Image by Rubens Barrichello / Instagram