|Nikhil Chinapa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1973|
|Spouse||DJ Pearl Miglani|
Nikhil Chinapa is a prominent Indian disc jockey, video jockey, and television host who played a huge role in raising the profile of EDM among India’s youth. Furthermore, he is well-known to television audiences due to his long association with MTV as a VJ and later, as a television host and judge.
Kalengada Bhemaiah Chinapa
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Nikhil had to switch schools frequently as his father was in the military. He completed his primary education from Hyderabad Public School in Begumpet, Faust High School in Secunderabad, St. George High School in Agra, and St. Joseph’s Boys High School in Bangalore.
He attended BMS College of Engineering in Bangalore and graduated with a degree in Architecture, with his thesis being on the design of hospitals.
Disc Jockey, Video Jockey, Television Host
- Father – He was a paratrooper in the Indian Army.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
69 kg or 152 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nikhil has dated –
- DJ Pearl Miglani (2006-Present) – He tied the knot with his girlfriend DJ Pearl Miglani in 2012. The couple is blessed with daughter Anouka Maia Chinapa, born in February 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tattoo on both his shoulders
- Always wears dark sunglasses (due to a thyroid condition that causes swelling of his eyes)
- Wears multiple rings on his fingers
Nikhil Chinapa Favorite Things
- City – Amsterdam
- Cricketer – Rahul Dravid
Nikhil Chinapa Facts
- He launched the EDM company Submerge with Hermit Sethi and his wife, Pearl in 2003. Additionally, he founded the dance music festival Vh1 Supersonic with his wife in 2013.
- Nikhil came to prominence after winning the MTV VJ Hunt in 1997 along with Amrita Arora, Maria Goretti, and Binoy Joseph.
- He played the character of Vikram (based on Ross Geller) in Hello Friends, the Indian adaptation of the phenomenally successful sitcom Friends. The show aired from 1999 to 2000.
Featured Image by Nikhil Chinapa / Instagram