|Niki Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Niki is an Indonesian singer, songwriter, and record producer who has released a solo studio album titled Moonchild (September 2020) and 2 EPs titled Zephyr (May 2018) and Wanna Take This Downtown? (May 2019). In 2020, she had been included in Forbes magazine’s list of ’30 Under 30 – Asia’ in the category of ‘Entertainment & Sports’. She was involved in the production of 5 tracks in the soundtrack of the 2021 film Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, a superhero film based on Marvel Comics featuring the character Shang-Chi.
Jakarta, Java, Indonesia
Los Angeles, California, United States
Niki, after her high school graduation in 2017, had moved to the United States. There, she had joined Lipscomb University, a private university in Nashville, Tennessee. She had studied music there.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
R&B, Indie Folk, Alternative R&B, Electropop
Guitar, Vocals, Piano, Ukulele, Keyboard
- 12 Tone Music
- Empire Distribution, Records, and Publishing Inc.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Indonesian descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, neck-length, straight hair
- Radiant face
- She was interested in music from a very young age. She had taught herself to play the guitar when she was 9 years old and had started writing original music by the time she had turned 13. Niki was also heavily influenced by her mother who used to sing in a church, often gospel music, as a backup singer. Niki had also exposed Niki to the soul, gospel, R&B, folk, and indie musical genres. She has also often stated that growing up in Indonesia had massively influenced her worldview, and in turn, her music.
- When she was 15 years old, she had won a competition arranged by American singer Taylor Swift and the ice-cream brand Walls called Ride to Fame. Subsequently, she had been invited to perform as the opening act for Taylor’s The Red Tour in Jakarta.
- Around this time, she also used to run a YouTube channel where she had amassed more than 40k subscribers. On the channel, she used to post many original songs, ballads, and covers. Some of these songs were later released on Spotify under her birth name, Nicole Zefanya.
- In September 2018, during the inaugural Head in the Clouds Festival, an annual music festival organized by her record label 88rising, she had separately addressed the 10,000-plus audience in Los Angeles’ Historic State Park. In the message aimed at Asian Americans, she had stated that she would make it her lifelong mission to empower young Asian artists under-represented in the American music industry.
- The following year, in August 2019, she had made a special guest appearance at a meet-and-greet event at the 626 Night Market event at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California. This was after 88rising had announced their collaboration with the popular food festival 626 Night Market to curate a food section at their second Head in the Clouds Festival.
- She and fellow 88rising labelmate Rich Brian were the first Indonesian solo artists to perform at the Coachella music festival.
Featured Image by Niki / Instagram