|Rich Brian Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rich Brian is an Indonesian rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer who rose to fame with his very first single in 2016 titled Dat $tick which went viral after its upload on SoundCloud and eventually peaked at number 4 on the US R&B/Hip Hop charts getting certified as ‘Gold’ by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America). His 2017 single titled Gospel also earned ‘Gold’ certification from the RIAA after which he released his first studio album called Amen (2018). The album peaked within the ‘Top 20’ on the Canadian, US R&B, US, and US R&B/Hip Hop charts. His 2nd album titled The Sailor was released in July 2019.
Brian Imanuel Soewarno
Rich Chigga, Rich Brian
He splits his time between Jakarta, Indonesia, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Rich Brian never attained any formal education and was homeschooled while he used to help out his parents with their café business.
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Heru Soewarno (Lawyer)
- Mother – Megawati Poernomo
- Siblings – Sonia Eryka (Older Sister) (Singer, Fashion Blogger), Roy Leonard (Older Brother) (DJ). He has another older sibling.
He is represented by Sean Miyashiro, 88rising, Mass Media Management Agency, New York City, New York, United States.
Hip Hop, Rap
- Empire Distribution, Records and Publishing Inc.
- 12 Tone Music
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Chinese and Indonesian descent.
- Slender frame
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Rich Brian Facts
- He had come into the spotlight by uploading his music on social media and his first acquaintance with social media was by accident. As a child, he was fascinated by the Rubik’s Cube and realized that he could find strategies to solve it faster by connecting to the internet via his parent’s computer. This eventually led him to discover Twitter and YouTube when he was 11 years old.
- He started by uploading videos including dark-comedy sketches on both these platforms. He later joined the Vine platform when he was 15 and used to post videos daily.
- Rich Brian also learned English by watching YouTube videos of rappers such as Childish Gambino, 2 Chainz, Macklemore, and Tyler, the Creator. The videos also introduced him to the hip-hop musical genre and he wrote his first rap song in 2014. The song was recorded on an iPhone microphone over an MF DOOM produced instrumental.
- Initially, he was interested in cinematography and had wished to attend a film school after moving to Los Angeles. However, he gave up the pursuit after his music career took off.
- On January 1, 2018, he changed his stage name from Rich Chigga to Brian and eventually to Rich Brian because he would often face criticism for the name Rich Chigga which was perceived as having racial overtones and insulting to both Black and Chinese people.
Featured Image by Rich Brian / Instagram