|Oliver Sykes Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 20, 1986|
Oliver Sykes is a British singer, songwriter, musician, entrepreneur, clothing designer, and record producer who is best known as the lead vocalist of the rock band Bring Me the Horizon. The group was formed in Sheffield in 2004 and has released albums like Count Your Blessings, Amo, There Is a Hell Believe Me I’ve Seen It. There Is a Heaven Let’s Keep It a Secret., Suicide Season, That’s the Spirit, and Sempiternal.
Oliver Scott Sykes
Oli Sykes, Olober Syko
Ashford, Kent, England, United Kingdom
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
He went to Stocksbridge High School in South Yorkshire, England. Afterward, he got enrolled at Barnsley College, a further education college just outside the town center of Barnsley, England.
Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Entrepreneur, Clothing Designer, Record Producer
- Father – Ian Sykes
- Mother – Carol Sykes
- Siblings – Tom Sykes (Brother)
Alternative metal, Pop rock, Deathcore (early), Post-hardcore, metalcore, alternative rock, electronic rock, hard rock
Vocals, guitar, keyboards
RCA Records, Columbia Records, Sony Music Entertainment, Epitaph, Shock, Visible Noise, Earache, Thirty Days of Night
His net worth had been $2 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
72 kg or 159 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Oliver Sykes has dated –
- Ling Ling (2001) – In February 2001, Oli hooked up with a girl named, Ling Ling.
- Jazz Atkin (2004) – In 2004, he was romantically linked with Jazz Atkin.
- Sarah Jayne Whiteley (2004-2008) – In June 2004, Oli started dating SJ Whiteley. They remain an item for 4 years until late November 2008.
- Abigail Halliday (2008) – In April 2008, Abigail Halliday and Oli Sykes were RUMORed to have hooked up.
- Amy Barton (2008) – In August 2008, Oliver and Amy Barton were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other.
- Amanda Hendrick (2008-2012) – Scottish fashion model, Amanda Hendrick started dating Oliver on October 19, 2008, after meeting at an after-show party. They dated ON and OFF for the next 4 years until October 2012. She first broke with him because she wanted to have babies with Oliver. Later, they reconciled but again split after she cheated on him.
- Cristina Piccone (2011-2012) – Then, his name was linked with the Mexican model, Cristina Piccone. The couple dated for 2 months from November 3, 2011, to January 17, 2012.
- Emelie Eng (2012) – Sweden girl Emelie Eng and Oliver dated in February 2012.
- Jess P (2012) – In June 2012, Jess P and Oliver RUMORed to have hooked up.
- Miss Stranger (2012) – From September 2012 to November 2012, singer Miss Stranger and Oliver were in a relationship.
- Hannah Pixie Snowdon (2012-2016) – Model and tattoo artist, Hannah Snowdon and Oliver started dating in 2012. They got engaged in 2013 and married on July 12, 2015, in Tuscany, Italy. However, their marriage didn’t last long as they decided to separate in 2016. In 2016, via Instagram, she also accused him of domestic violence, alleging that Sykes “slapped and spat” on her. She also added that she “wasn’t the first girl this entire pattern happened to.” On the other hand, Sykes accused her of infidelity.
- Felice Fawn (2012) – In October 2012, he was RUMORed to have hooked up with Felice Fawn.
- Alissa Salls (2017-Present) – He got married to Brazilian model Alissa Salls on July 22, 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Oliver Sykes is of English descent.
- Body heavily tattooed
- Long hair
- High cheekbones
Oliver Sykes’s body specifications might be –
- Chest – 36 in or 91.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 13 in or 33 cm
- Waist – 29 in or 74 cm
Initially, he was addicted to drugs and hence was skinny. After going to rehab and starting exercising, he was seen in much better shape and gained some weight which changed his above specifications.
He has served as the face for animal rights organization PETA.
Oliver also models for his clothing line “Drop Dead Clothing”.
Best Known For
Being the lead vocalist of the rock band Bring Me the Horizon.
He first released Count Your Blessings on October 30, 2006, via Visible Noise. It received mixed reviews from music critics. It charted at #93 in the UK.
He was seen in the documentary film Lads on Tour in 2013.
First TV Show
In 2016, he appeared as himself in the comedy series Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway.
This YouTube video talks about his transformation from a really skinny guy to a healthier body which he got by stopping his drug addiction (by going to rehab) and starting exercises.
Oliver Sykes Favorite Things
- Movies – Jurassic Park (1993), Requiem for a Dream (2000), Starship Troopers (1997), Troll 2 (1990)
Source – Nylon
Oliver Sykes Facts
- Born in England, he shifted to Australia (with his parents) just after taking birth.
- At 8, he returned from Australia to England.
- Under the name “Quakebeat”, he used to make compilation CDs in 2003 (when he was still in school).
- He is not related to English motorcycle racer, Tom Sykes.
- He is the founding member of the renowned band “Bring Me the Horizon”. He founded it in 2003.
- Before associating with the band “Bring Me the Horizon”, he has served as a member of the bands “Womb 2 Da Tomb” and “Purple Curto”.
- Sykes is also the founder of the clothing line “Drop Dead Clothing”.
- In February 2013, he created a Kickstarter project with the goal of £15,000 as he wanted to fund a graphic novel entitled “Raised By Raptors”. The project was a success as it received a sum of £39,223.
- He suffers from sleep paralysis since 12 years of age.
- In 2003, he decided to become a vegetarian after he watched an online video about animal cruelty.
- He has had a dog named, Dylan.
- Some of his influences include Pantera, Black Flag, Misfits, Linkin Park, Simple Plan, Every Time I Die, Skycamefalling, Poison the Well, Norma Jean, and The Dillinger Escape Plan.