Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Peter Facinelli studied at the St. Francis Preparatory School situated at Fresh Meadows in New York.
Peter took acting classes at Tisch School of Arts of New York University and Atlantic Theater Company Acting School in New York City.
Actor, film producer
- Father – Pierino Facinelli (Waiter)
- Mother – Bruna Reich (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Linda Facinelli (Older Sister), Jo Anne Facinelli (Older Sister), Lisa Facinelli (Older Sister)
He is managed by Warner Bros. Television.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
84 kg or 185 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Peter Facinelli dated –
- Jennie Garth (1995-2012) – Peter and American actress Jennie Garth first met in 1995 on the sets of An Unfinished Affair. They dated for nearly six years before finally getting married in a Roman Catholic tradition on January 20, 2001. The couple have three daughters namely Luca Bella (b. 1997), Lola Ray (b. 2002), and Fiona Eve (b. 2006). The couple filed for divorce in March 2012 and legally got separated in June 2013.
- Jaimie Alexander (2012-2016) – Peter and American actress Jaimie Alexander first met on the set of Loosies in 2012 and started dating each other. In March 2015, the couple got engaged and they called off the engagement in February 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian ancestry.
- Sense of humour
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 44 in or 112 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 16 in or 41 cm
- Waist – 34 in or 86 cm
He appeared in a TV commercial for Sprint LTE Plus.
In 2016, Peter got featured in a TV commercial for Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
Best Known For
His role of Dr Carlisle Cullen in the Twilight series and as Mike Dexter in Can’t Hardly Wait (1998).
He is also known for his role as Donovan “Van” Ray in Fastlane (2002-2003) on Fox TV and Dr Fitch Cooper in Showtime series Nurse Jackie from 2009 to 2015.
Peter Facinelli made his acting debut with Rebecca Miller‘s Angela (1995) portraying the character of Lucifer.
First TV Show
His first TV show was NBC’s police procedural series Law and Order in 1995 in which he played the role of Shane Sutter in the episode named “Performance”.
Peter’s first production was the movie Loosies (2011). He was also the writer and actor for the movie.
For the Twilight series, Peter had to undergo rigorous fitness training. He underwent fight training and also spent a lot of time on the treadmill with 10-minute breaks in between.
He also followed a diet schedule which consisted mostly of salads but he gave in to temptations of having a burger, pizza or fries at times.
Peter Facinelli Favorite Things
- Coffee Shop – Coffee Bean
- Actor – Paul Newman
- TV Shows – The Smurfs (1981-1990)
- Music – 60s, 70s music
- Book – Robert Mitchum’s biography
Source – US Magazine, Vanity Fair
Peter Facinelli Facts
- While at the Atlantic Theater Company Acting School, he studied under Camryn Manheim, Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy.
- Peter’s first job was that of a paperboy.
- The actor was a participant of the American Idol Season 3 and was the fifth runner-up on the show.
- Onyx & Breezy Foundation, Alex’s Lemonade Foundation, American Red Cross, Christopher Reeve Foundation, and The Whaleman Foundation are some of the charities that Peter supports vividly.
- Facinelli is a dual citizen of Italy and the United States.
- He is close friends with his Twilight co-stars Kellan Lutz and Jackson Rathbone.
- He is a family person and prefers spending a lot of time with his daughters.
- Peter founded a production house that was named Facinelli Films.
- He also founded a production company A7SLE Films that has been so named to make him aware of his history.
- You can follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+.
- You can learn more about him from his official website.