|Pom Klementieff Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1986|
Pom Klementieff is a well-known French actress and model who was born in Canada. Pom’s father was a French-Russian who worked as a consul in the French government and died of cancer when she was 5. Her mother was Korean. During her days in France, Pom used to do lowkey jobs like working as a saleswoman and a waitress to support herself financially. She won a theatre competition at Cours Florent drama school in Paris which helped her in excelling in her academic career. Klementieff commenced acting at the age of 19 and appeared as a professional actress in a french independent movie Apres Lui (2007). She made her Hollywood debut with the film Oldboy (2013) and gained immense popularity with her role as Mantis in the Marvel movies Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018).
Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
At 18, after her uncle’s death, Pom attended law school for a short span of time.
Klementieff went to Cours Florent Drama School in Paris, France at the age of 19 and won theatre competition which helped her in attending free classes for almost 2 years with the top teachers of her school.
- Father – Pom’s father was a French Russian who served as a consul with the French government.
- Mother – Klementieff’s mother was Schizophrenic.
- Siblings – She had an older brother.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
Pom is of French Russian descent on her father’s side and has Korean roots on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She prefers to dye her hair in different colors like purple, blonde, black, blue, etc.
- French, American and Korean facial attributes
- Has a tattoo of her brother’s name on her left inner wrist
Best Known For
- Her remarkable performance and fighting skills in the movie OldBoy (2013) which was directed by Spike Lee. This film was the remake of the South Korean film released in 2003.
- Playing a Hacker in the movie Hacker’s Game (2015)
- Portraying Mantis in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
Pom’s debut as a professional actress was in the French movie Apres Lui in 2007 where she played Emilie.
First TV Show
Her first TV show appearance was on the French TV mini-series as Sandra in Pigalle, la Nuit in 2009.
To prepare herself for the movie Oldboy (2013), Pom joined boxing lessons as her role wanted her to perform martial arts. She also used to practice fighting with actor Josh Brolin for about 3 hours a day and 2 months for a film scene.
After finishing Oldboy, she added taekwondo in her workout regime and is holding a purple belt since 2014.
Her other exercises include fight choreography and training with Hollywood’s most prominent stunt doubles. To prepare herself for the 3rd installment of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie series, she did kicking, punching, and split training.
Here, she is doing mitt work training in boxing with Jessen Noviello.
— Pom Klementieff (@PomKlementieff) June 30, 2017
Earlier, Klementieff used to eat her homemade French food, and she is a big fan of Almond Milk Latte. She became vegan after relocating to Los Angeles in 2013.
Pom Klementieff Favorite Things
- Food – Pom loves to eat bread and is obsessed with homemade French food
- Brands – Klementieff loves to shop from Rag & Bones, Chanel, and Acne
- Style Icon – Tilda Swinton and Jane Birkin
- Beverage – Almond Milk Latte
- People – Takashi Murakami, Laura Izumikawa, Chef Ludo, Petra Flannery
Pom Klementieff Facts
- Pom Klementieff is a Canadian born French actress of Korean, American and French descent.
- She lost her father when she was 5.
- Before the age of 5, Pom had to travel to many places like Japan, Ivory Coast, and France.
- In 2013, she moved to Los Angeles and started giving auditions for Hollywood movies.
- Her mother suffered from a mental disorder named schizophrenia due to which she wasn’t able to take care of her children.
- Pom’s paternal uncle and aunt did her upbringing primarily.
- Her uncle died when Pom was 18 years old and she then joined the law school for a short time.
- When Pom won an acting competition at Cours Florent drama school in Paris, it proved to be the best for her academic boost as she got to work with the top faculty of the school.
- The actress had 1 brother who committed suicide on her 25th birthday. She also tattooed his name on her left wrist.
- To assist herself financially while staying in France, she did jobs like working as a saleswoman and also served as a waitress in France.
- During filming for her scene in the movie Apres Lui (2007), she accidentally fell from the stairs (but she had to push a person from the stairs) and the director shot the scene and saved for the final version of the film.
- During the shoot for the movie, Hacker’s Game (2015), the actress had to do her own makeup and choose the outfits herself due to the lack of financial support. She also colored her hair purple for the role.
- Klementieff is a travel bug and loves to wander to different places.
- Pominator started her professional acting career from the French movie Apres Lui (2007).
- Pom told in an interview to Amanda Montell that she learned English by watching episodes of 30 Rock.
- Visit her official website @ pomklementieff.com.
- Follow Pom Klementieff on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0