|Prabhu Ganesan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||December 25, 1956|
Prabhu Ganesan is an Indian film actor, businessperson, and film producer who has mainly worked in Tamil cinema and has been a part of more than 200 films in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada languages, including Sangili, Adhisayappiravigal, Kozhi Koovuthu, Muthu Engal Sothu, Soorakottai Singakutti, Sumangali, Miruthanga Chakravarthi, Vellai Roja, Raja Veettu Kannukkutty, Ezhuthatha Sattangal, Vamsa Vilakku, Kanni Rasi, Kairasikkaran, Nermai, Needhiyin Nizhal, Paalaivana Rojakkal, Chinna Thambi Periya Thambi, Chinna Poove Mella Pesu, Oruvar Vaazhum Aalayam, Manasukkul Mathappu, Uthama Purushan, Chinna Thambi, Kumbakarai Thangaiah, Rajakumaran, Mr. Madras, Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa, Charlie Chaplin, Middle Class Madhavan, Ayan, A Aa E Ee, Darling, Best of Luck, Uu Kodathara? Ulikki Padathara?, Meen Kuzhambum Mann Paanaiyum, and Marakkar: Arabikadalinte Simham.
Prabhu Ganesan studied at Loyola College, a private Catholic higher education institution in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Film Actor, Businessperson, Film Producer
- Father – V. Chinnaiya Manrayar Ganesamoorthy (better known by his stage name “Sivaji Ganesan”) (Actor, Producer, Politician)
- Mother – Kamala
- Siblings – Ramkumar Ganesan (Older Brother) (Film Producer, Actor), Shanthi (Sister), Thenmozhi (Sister)
- Others – Chinnaiya Manrayar (Paternal Grandfather), Rajamani Ammal (Paternal Grandmother), Dushyanth Ramkumar (Nephew) (Film Actor, Producer), Dharshan Ramkumar (Nephew), Rishyan Ramkumar (Nephew)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Prabhu Ganesan has dated –
- Punitha (1982-Present) – In the year 1982, he got married to Punitha and they parent 2 children – a daughter named Aishwarya Prabhu (b. 1984) and son Vikram Prabhu (b. 1986). Their son, Vikram Prabhu, made his acting debut in the 2012 critically-acclaimed Tamil-language musical adventure romantic drama film Kumki.
- Khushbu Sundar (1991-1994) – He had an affair with actor, politician, film producer, and television presenter Khushbu Sundar between 1991 and 1994. They had been in a live-in relationship. However, Prabhu’s father was strictly against their relationship and the duo finally decided to part ways.
Race / Ethnicity
Sports a mustache
Prabhu Ganesan Facts
- In 1982, he made his acting debut by playing the character named Rajali in the Tamil-language action drama film Sangili, a remake of the 1976 Hindi film Kalicharan.
- Prabhu Ganesan co-starred as Shekar in the 1988 Tamil-language film Manasukkul Mathappu and this role won him the Cinema Express Award for “Best Actor – Tamil”.
- Alongside Khushbu, he co-starred as Chinna Thambi in the 1991 Tamil-language romantic drama film Chinna Thambi. For this performance, he bagged the Tamil Nadu State Film Award for “Best Actor”.
- He played the titular character in the 1994 Tamil-language action drama film Rajakumaran. It became Prabhu Ganesan’s 100th film.
- In 2002, he appeared as Ramakrishnan, a rich businessman in Ooty who owns an advertising company and tea estates, in the Tamil-language comedy film Charlie Chaplin. This role won him the Tamil Nadu State Film Special Award for “Best Actor” while he was also nominated at the 2002 Filmfare Awards South.
Featured Image by Sriram Narasimhan / Silverscreen Media Inc. / CC BY-SA 3.0