|Priyanka Gandhi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1972|
Priyanka Gandhi is an Indian politician who is now known under her married name as Priyanka Gandhi Vadra. She is the general secretary of the All India Congress Committee in the eastern region of Uttar Pradesh. Besides that, she is also prominently known to be the younger sister of politician Rahul Gandhi and daughter of Sonia and Rajiv Gandhi. With time, Priyanka has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter and more than 200k followers on Instagram.
New Delhi, India
New Delhi, India
Priyanka attended Modern School and Convent of Jesus & Mary in New Delhi before completing her Bachelor of Psychology from Jesus and Mary College.
Later, she attained her Master’s degree in Buddhist studies in the year 2010.
- Father – Rajiv Gandhi (Former Prime Minister of India)
- Mother – Sonia Gandhi (Politician)
- Siblings – Rahul Gandhi (Older Brother) (Politician)
- Others – Jawaharlal Nehru (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Former Prime Minister of India), Varun Gandhi (Younger Cousin Brother) (Politician), Sanjay Gandhi (Paternal Uncle) (Politician), Kamala Nehru (Paternal Great Grandmother) (Freedom Fighter), Indira Gandhi (Grandmother) (Politician)
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Priyanka Gandhi has dated –
- Robert Vadra (1985-Present) – They met one another when Priyanka was 13 years old and got married on February 18, 1997. They have a son named, Raihan (b. August 29, 2000) and a daughter named, Miraya.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and White)
Priyanka has Italian ancestry on her mother’s side and Indian ancestry on her father’s side.
- She has a mole on her chin.
- Short and curly hair
- Fair complexion
Priyanka Gandhi Favorite Things
- Teacher – May Lal
Source – NDTV
Priyanka Gandhi Facts
- She was raised in New Delhi alongside her brother Rahul Gandhi.
- Priyanka is a Buddhist philosophist by profession.
- In the past, she would regularly accompany her mother and brother to their campaigns at Rae Bareilly and Amethi.
- She was 16 years old when she delivered her first public speech.
- Priyanka’s father Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated on May 21, 1991, by Thenmozhi Rajaratnam, a member of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam. Priyanka was 19 at that time, whereas, Rahul was in his early ’20s.
- Her great-grandfather Jawaharlal Nehru was the longest and first “Prime Minister of India”.
- Priyanka’s grandmother Indira Gandhi was assassinated on the morning of October 31, 1984, by one of her Sikh bodyguards.
- She is a strong believer in the power of Vipassanā which was taught by Burmese-Indian teacher S. N. Goenka.
- During the 2004 Indian General Election, Priyanka served as the manager for her mother’s campaign.
- A popular slogan that relates to her is “Amethi ka danka, bitiya Priyanka.”
- She is the 2nd youngest from the 6th generation of the Nehru-Gandhi family.
- It was not until 2019, that she formally entered into politics as the Congress’ General Secretary of the eastern region of Uttar Pradesh.
- According to various sources, Priyanka inherited her valuable leadership qualities from her grandmother Indira Gandhi who, until her death helped groom her.
- In her free time, she indulges in photography, cooking, and reading.
- In March 2023, an FIR was filed against Priyanka Gandhi’s PA Sandeep Singh for reportedly misbehaving with actress Archana Gautam at a Congress Convention. It was filed by Archana’s father. It was claimed that he used casteist remarks and forced Archana to leave the venue without meeting Priyanka.
- In August 2023, an FIR was filed against Priyanka and 2 other Congress leaders for their post on X (formerly Twitter) in which it was said that the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh was taking 50% commission for all the projects.
Featured Image By Deccan Herald / Flickr / CC BY 2.0