|Promise Phan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 30, 1989|
Promise Phan is a Nepali YouTuber and makeup artist who has gained tremendous fame for her videos where she uses makeup to morph herself into celebrities and fictional characters. Her primary channel where she posts these transformation videos, called dope2111, has garnered her more than 6 million subscribers. Promise also runs a secondary channel called Promise Phan where she posts vlogs, makeup tutorials, and challenge videos that have also proved popular and has amassed more than 1.5 million subscribers. Her ‘behind the scenes’ pictures and snaps from her YouTube videos are posted on Instagram where she boasts of more than 1.5 million followers.
Promise, Human Chameleon, Mystique
Los Angeles, California, United States
Promise completed her basic schooling from local institutions in Nepal. After moving to the United States, she was enrolled in an elementary school and then middle school.
She returned to Nepal for a while but ultimately finished her high school graduation from a private institution in the United States. She also attended a religious college for a while after graduation.
YouTuber, Makeup Artist
- Siblings – Pratichya Tamang (Younger Sister), Angelina Tamang (Younger Sister), Rose Tamang (Younger Sister) (YouTuber, Cosplayer, Makeup Artist)
- Others – Michelle Phan (Sister-in-Law) (YouTuber, Entrepreneur, Makeup Artist), Jennifer Phan (Mother-in-Law), Christine Phan (Sister-in-Law), Rubin (Adopted Younger Brother), Tara (Paternal Aunt)
She self-manages her bookings and inquiries.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Promise has dated –
- Steve Phan (2008–Present) – Promise got married to her long-time boyfriend Steve Phan, who is of Vietnamese descent, in July 2010. The couple welcomed a baby boy Kyro Siah Phan in August 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Nepali descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde, purple, silver, or pink.
- Long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Gleaming face
- Has a mole on her left cheek
Promise Phan Favorite Things
- Pet – Dogs
- Hobbies/Interests – Drawing, Dancing
- Inspirational Figure – Michael Jackson
- Makeup Product – Brow Pencil
- Celebrity Crush – Jason Momoa
Promise Phan Facts
- She began wearing makeup in school as a hobby and soon started to develop an interest in the art. She started her channel in June 2009 and uploaded her first video in January 2010 where she transformed herself into Neytiri, a character from the blockbuster 2009 film Avatar. The video has received more than 2 million views.
- Her parents were Christian missionaries and would travel to a lot of places. During one such visit, they came across a malnourished boy whose mother had passed away due to typhoid and whose father was an alcoholic. After detailed deliberations with the boy’s father, Promise’s parents adopted him. He grew up with Promise until she was 10 years old and he was 9 years old after which his biological father regained his custody as he felt that he had resurrected his life after a 2nd marriage.
- She revealed in a YouTube video that she had almost no hair on her head till the age of about 5 and when she grew enough hair, her mother used to cut it for her as the family could not afford salon expenses.
- Promise is an animal lover and as a child, she used to adopt stray and abandoned rats, mice, squirrels, and puppies.
- In the early 2000s, her family relocated to the United States and began living in suburban Denver, Colorado. The family returned to Nepal when she was in 9th grade but Promise moved back to the States as she was having trouble with the Nepali school system.
Featured Image by Promise Phan / Instagram